First Pipe, beginner looking to do more

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Lainatan

First Pipe, beginner looking to do more

Post by Lainatan »

I've managed to once again get myself into a hobby that allows me to be creative and make something with my hands. First it was tying flies for fly fishing, next it was homebrewing beer, and now I'm hooked on making my own pipes and I have many ideas I want to tinker with and have fun with. I decided I know my skill level and going all in initially would be a bit much, so I went with a kit from P&C. Combining my love of beer with my new found excitement around piping, I decided to go with a tankard style sitter. Admittedly, these aren't great photos and the pipe doesn't sit. If you see something that is way wrong and would like to send feedback, please feel free I welcome the feedback. Thank you.
Attachments
Tankard22.jpg
Tankard22.jpg (43.12 KiB) Viewed 867 times
tankard23.jpg
tankard23.jpg (57.38 KiB) Viewed 867 times
tankard 25.jpg
tankard 25.jpg (43.73 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Tankard 24.jpg
Tankard 24.jpg (38.29 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Tankard 26.jpg
Tankard 26.jpg (54.41 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Adui

Re: First Pipe, beginner looking to do more

Post by Adui »

For a first pipe; not bad at all sir! Hoe does the old tankard smoke?
I hope to be at least half the person my dogs thinks I am.

AKA Terry
Lainatan

Post by Lainatan »

Adui wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:49 pm For a first pipe; not bad at all sir! Hoe does the old tankard smoke?
I was fortunate to get a pre-drilled hobby block that had the holes lined up properly. I've but about 4-5 smokes on it and I'm enjoying the pipe very much. Still have a way to go before I have a good cake on it but I'm excited about it.
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we'll catch excellence." --Vince Lombardi
Adui

Post by Adui »

I made my first two out of pre-drilled blocks. My third was about 80% complete, but needed a lot of help. (Probably still does LOL). Keep at it and you will make some fine pipes.
As many on here will recommend, I'd practice at classic shapes and take good pictures. The folks on here will give advice sparingly, but it will always be honest advice. I personally am far to new at this to be giving more than encouragement.
I hope to be at least half the person my dogs thinks I am.

AKA Terry