Tell us who you are.
Frank the Pipe Guy

Post by Frank the Pipe Guy »

Hello: Thank You for allowing me to join :-)
My Name is: Frank Ritchie
Years smoking Pipes: About 5 (Started collecting 10 years)
How I got into making Pipes: I was just thinking back, about my step Grandad that smoked a pipe, So I thought, why not, so I started collecting the tobacco pipes first, and about a year later, I started refurbishing them, and been doing that ever since. But just in the last 6 months, I started making the pipes, I have 6 now, learning what not, to do :-) But I truly enjoy making them, and then adding more to my 350 + collection.
I was a carpenter for many years, and the last 40 in Fire Sprinkler Design and sales, with this back ground, I believe it helps me with attention to detail. But, I still have a lot to learn. Like using the Lathe tools properly, the best sanding methods, I look forward reading all the information on this Forum for sure. Hopefully I wont seem to annoying, with my questions I ask. :-)
CondorPipes

Re: New Member

Post by CondorPipes »

Welcome Frank,
Nice to meet you. Enjoy looking around, there is a ton of great information here.

Sean
Condor Pipes
Frank the Pipe Guy

Re: New Member

Post by Frank the Pipe Guy »

Sean:

Thank You, I have already dove into to reading, I love it, looking at the Gallery, will humble us for sure, I look forward to this great adventure of a Pipe making hobby for me. I still work full time, so my time is limited in my shop, but I sure enjoy myself when I'm at it.
Have a great day.

Frank