Who is good for briar right now (UK)

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
caskwith

Who is good for briar right now (UK)

Post by caskwith »

Who is selling good briar right now.
Sasquatch

Re: Who is good for briar right now (UK)

Post by Sasquatch »

Good for what?

Good for using tomorrow? Good for cut? Grain? Value?

The answer is nobody. It's all shit. Hope this helps!

In seriousness Chris, the marketplace has changed in the last ten years, demand is really high and there's a lack of good quality "ready" briar. The usual suspects will provide briar, but it's all cut yesterday kinda thing.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Just so I don't appear rude(er than usual) I am replying here to thank Todd for his assistance via PM.
Massis

Post by Massis »

Sasquatch wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:38 am Good for what?

Good for using tomorrow? Good for cut? Grain? Value?

The answer is nobody. It's all shit. Hope this helps!

In seriousness Chris, the marketplace has changed in the last ten years, demand is really high and there's a lack of good quality "ready" briar. The usual suspects will provide briar, but it's all cut yesterday kinda thing.
I've gotten briar from 3 sources over the last couple of years and "wood" confirm this :-) Jaume Hom, briarwood srl and Bouchemat briar have all delivered me pretty decent stuff, but all required at least a few more months of drying. Luckily I don't make that many pipes and do buy that much briar, so usually my blocks lie around for several years before I get to them...
amnell

Post by amnell »

Just received my order from Bouchemat Briar, and I don’t have anything negative to say. I messaged Mohammad on Facebook, ordered on the website and then messaged him that I had placed an order. Two weeks later the package was delivered by DHL and a couple of hours later he messaged me regarding payment.

30 blocks of 1st and 2nd grade in various sizes and cuts for $400 USD including shipping. The grain is clearly visible on most of the blocks without the need to wet and/or sand them.

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I think most of us don't mind the briar, it was the ethics of his operation that bugged us. He screwed a lot of people including Pipe Maker's Emporium back in the day. Seems he's cleaned up his act, which is good.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!