Billiard #15

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
shikano53

Billiard #15

Post by shikano53 »

Here is my latest billiard attempt. Sask said in another post, that there are over 400 variables to take into account when making a billiard.
Oh boy...
Here it is for your evaluation please.
brownleafbeardsman

Re: Billiard #15

Post by brownleafbeardsman »

As you know, I'm also a beginner. But, just wanted to say that it's nice to see someone else going through the billiard school at the moment. Keep on going, Shikano!
shikano53

Post by shikano53 »

I forgot to mention that my billiard dimensions are incorrect as shown in the picture below. I was chasing the shank to try and achieve a seamless join and by the time it got to this point, I had taken off too much material for the billiards dimensions to be correct.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

You pointed out the most obvious issue with the shank being too short for the bowl height. I would also say the shank diameter is too thin and the forward cant a bit too much as well. The angle of the rim is a bit off also. Either that or the heel tucks in too much giving the pipe a cutty-like feel.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
shikano53

Post by shikano53 »

Thanks Wayne, will print and post on my shop wall.