New "Birthday" pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
GbpBulgaria

New "Birthday" pipe

Post by GbpBulgaria »

This is the best pipe I have ever made :D
Any remarks, I am ready for your criticism.

You can see it here:
http://www.sitekreator.com/gbpbulgaria/ ... pipes.html

Regards
George
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

It's a nice pipe. Well made, fiished well. My only criticism would be for the shape, which is always subjective. It's seems like it's torn between wanting to be a horn and not. it has many horn features, but then the back end of the bowl is very rounded and the rim is finished in a way that *I* (subjective) don't feel matches the shape.

But that part is as subjective as it gets...

Nice job on the finishing though!!
GbpBulgaria

Post by GbpBulgaria »

bscofield wrote:It's a nice pipe. Well made, fiished well. My only criticism would be for the shape, which is always subjective. It's seems like it's torn between wanting to be a horn and not. it has many horn features, but then the back end of the bowl is very rounded and the rim is finished in a way that *I* (subjective) don't feel matches the shape.

But that part is as subjective as it gets...

Nice job on the finishing though!!
Thanks Ben. It is very constructive. This is a personal made pipe. I have made it personally for a friend of mine after long conversations with him. He always wants to hold the pipe in his hand this is the reason for bowl bottom rounding. For the horn shape – I am not agreeing. Anyway this is subjective too. Nevertheless I will think about your words. Thank you!

Regards
George
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Actially I like the stem. Overall it is a very nice looking pipe. If I had to give any critique it would be that the bowl would "belly out" a bit more at the bottom. What I mean is, make the line right at the shank and bowl intersection just a bit more crisp to as to give the bowl bigger "cheeks".

I hope that makes sense? :D

Good job overall Bravo
munkey

Post by munkey »

Hey George,

Good work! I like the overall shape. I agree some of the lines could be more crisp (the shank/bowl and rim/bowl junctions), but it still looks good. I really like to stem.

-Scott
GbpBulgaria

Post by GbpBulgaria »

Maybe you are right for the shape friends. Thank you.

All the best

George