Just saying hi...

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
hazmat

Just saying hi...

Post by hazmat »

New to the board and wanted to say "hi". It's been about 3 years since I've actually been able to make pipes due to not having a proper location to mess up with the activity. I've recently relocated and have a basement already outfitted with a gorgeous lathe... my additions to said basement have transformed it into a small but extremely workable pipe-making area and I'm about as amped as a man can get for my "first" next shipment of briar to show up.

Reading through this forum has just given me alot more food for thought and I can't wait to get started. Hopefully I'll have some questions and/or comments to post along with pictures of finished products as I complete some work. To this point in my pipe-making adventure I've completed approximately 9 pipes, 2 of which I own and 7 of which are owned by friends. Here's to many, many more...
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hello and Welcome to the forum! Great bunch of pipe makers here, very helpful and willing to share their experiences. Glad to have you and can't wait to see pics of some of your pipes.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

I'm envious! I had to outfit my basement with my own lathe! Well, that is after I built the basement!

Welcome to the forum!

David
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Welcome to the boards! There's lots of great folks here that's for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing your work!

Best,
Dave
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

bvartist wrote:I'm envious! I had to outfit my basement with my own lathe! Well, that is after I built the basement!

Welcome to the forum!

David
My landlord is a machinist by trade and has a machine in our work area that can make a grown man cry... it's a sweetheart and he's willing to allow me use of it any time I want to use it. I just have to buy my own tools, etc... doesn't matter much to me, so long as it works :D
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Sounds like a good setup to me! Have fun!