Conversation with Cyclone

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
JHowell

Conversation with Cyclone

Post by JHowell »

I called Cyclone yesterday to get some smaller nozzles and a replacement drain plug for my cabinet and wound up talking to the owner, whose name is Dennis. "I should get one of the girls to take your order," he said. "They're much more efficient with the computer stuff than I am." I said, "You must be the owner." He laughed and said yes, and was interested to hear about the use of his equipment for sandblasting pipes -- turns out he's a pipe smoker himself. Which is a plus for the company, I think, even if they didn't make a nice outfit and have an owner who answers the phone.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Wow! Now that's cool! I didn't speak to the owner when I called them, but I did have a pleasant conversation with one of "the girls". Didn't discuss pipes though. :)

BTW: those 5CFM nozzles and jets are the shiznit. They give me a lot more control than the 14CFM set. I think you'll like them.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
JHowell

Post by JHowell »

Yes, the ones that come with the cabinet are pretty aggressive. The media flow is much heavier than with my old setup, and it seems to me that media delivery is more important than PSI. I wound up cranking the pressure WAY down. The media practically pours out of the nozzle, and the briar disappears pretty fast if you're not careful.
jbacon

Post by jbacon »

hey jack and kurt can you share what madels you got from cyclone

i was looking at the e500 benchtop model is this model good enough to get started, it looked portable enough to take to a friends house that has a very nice air compressor

thanks for sharing

jim
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I have two, the E100 and the PBH2000C (which is the E100 with the addition of the pencil blaster). I also have a Grizzly benchtop which is no longer seeing duty. I plan on adding another E100 soon.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com