Pipe #2 is done...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Heinz_D

Pipe #2 is done...

Post by Heinz_D »

Hello,

a few weeks after my first try I've finished my 2nd pipe:

The pictures are not the best, but here some technichal details (unfortunatly in metric, because I'm not firm with inch):

Length: 138 mm, hight: 38 mm, bowl: width 42 mm, length 58 mm up to the shank - 80 mm shank included, tobacco chamber: diameter:20 mm, depth: 32 mm, weight: 49 g

This pipe was made under the influence of a lot of spots and cracks in the plateau block! The block was a smaller one out of my lot from Jaume Hom. I needed to fill two spots at the bottom of the bowl, but it's nearly invisible, I think... The stem was cut and bent by myself out of an ebonit rod.

The finish is a contrast between black and orange, polished with shellack and carnauba wax. Ther are still some little scratches on the stem, so I've to polish a little bit more.

The shape may be a little bit unusally, but it is nearly as planned befor grinding - so I'm almost happy with the result.

The grain is nice bird-eyes on the upper border and the ground of the bowl and fine straight grain on the sides. It's also not very good visible on the pictures, but I'll work on my fototechnics!

Some nearly unremarkable issues with symmetry are left, but for the 2nd try...

Any comments? :D

Heinz_D
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Very cool pipe Heinz! I really like the shape and the stain! Looks to have some very cool birdseye. Awesome 2nd pipe!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
bugsy

Post by bugsy »

nice pipe i like it....FUTURISTIC LOOKING...bugsy
josh_ford

Post by josh_ford »

The birdseye is great, Love the pipe. I really enjoy creative shapes. Great work.

Josh