Tsuges at smokingpipes.com

General pipe discussion
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Tsuges at smokingpipes.com

Post by KurtHuhn »

Last night I popped over to smokingpipes.com to see if they had any SG Blakan Flake in stock yet (they do!) and decided to click around in the pipes to see what they had available. Apparently Tsuge gave them a hell of a deal on Tokyo series pipes, because they've got dozens, and they're really inexpensive.

I grabbed this one:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/t ... t_id=20602
Because I couldn't resist. I don't normally buy pipes (cobbler's shoes and all), but for less than $100, how could I resist? This will also be my first Tsuge, so I'm pretty excited.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice!
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

That pipe was less than 100 bucks! Wow what a deal. :thumb:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I just had to pull the trigger on it. That and Balkan flake being back in stock made me a happy, happy boy.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

I saw those... the first day the came out I looked at every single one :)

I just didn't have the cash so I didn't buy any.
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Wow! How can they sell this pipe for less than 100 bucks?! Ther is still another one for 95 bucks but it isn't nearly as nice as yours, Kurt!

So I think I've to look more on the sides of American pipe traders...

Congrats and greetings,
Heinz
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Heinz,

I have no idea. It must have been som kind of massive volume deal. There must have been 20 Tsuge Tokyos on the site the other day, and then they all got bought up within 12 hours. A couple days later, another two dozen went up, along with a handful of Mizkis (for under $35!!). I keep expecting to see more, and I keep checking back to see what they might have. I think that Tsuge must have given them an amazing bargain for buying up a huge number of pipes, and the savings got passed on to the customer.

I keep checking back, because I wanted one of those cute little Mizkis, but someone beat me to the checkout line with one. I'm hoping they get more in stock.

I really shouldn't have spent the cash either, but hell, for that price I simply couldn't pass it by.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
painter66

Tsuges

Post by painter66 »

Greetings - this is my first post at this forum. I saw this thread and had to reply. These Tsuges at smokingpipes.com were so cheap I bought 4 of them. 2 $38. Mizki's and 2 $80. Bamboo Tokyo's (1 each smooth and rusticated) Mizki's are great for use while working in the garden. There is nothing at all wrong with these pipes. I can't believe the price and the quality is top notch....easily a half price sale here. FYI: They update every Thursday around midday Eastern. Will now go and properly introduce myself.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Kurt,

First: Thanks for activating my account. Second: You have great taste in tobacco. Balkan Flake is my favorite. Mars Cigars carries it as well. The next time I order, it's a pound at least in bulk.
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

In my newsletter from SP.com they said the Tsuges were types/styles the factory wasn't going to make anymore and were trying to get out of inventory. Someone from SP.com was in Japan at the factory and bought their entire inventory of discontinued pipes at dirt prices. Over the past few weeks SP.com has sold at least a couple hundred.

bob gilbert