French Boxwood

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
ScoJo

French Boxwood

Post by ScoJo »

I love the look of it. I was given a small piece of it by Kirk Bosi. Tried turning some of it down, but ended up trying to take too much off at once, and it got ripped out of the chuck and thrown (OOPS). Anyway, it's cracked.

Tried finding it online, and cannot find it anywhere. Bought a piece of boxwood at the local Woodcraft, but it is not French boxwood, and the look is very different.

Where do you get it??
NvilleDave

Re: French Boxwood

Post by NvilleDave »

ScoJo wrote:I love the look of it. I was given a small piece of it by Kirk Bosi. Tried turning some of it down, but ended up trying to take too much off at once, and it got ripped out of the chuck and thrown (OOPS). Anyway, it's cracked.

Tried finding it online, and cannot find it anywhere. Bought a piece of boxwood at the local Woodcraft, but it is not French boxwood, and the look is very different.

Where do you get it??
What I have is called European Boxwood and I have fair amount that I'll be selling. I'll be upfront that it isn't cheap. I have some fairly large pieces (4" X 4" X 10")--let me know if you're interested.

Dave