My new "garage"

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Heinz_D

My new "garage"

Post by Heinz_D »

With the beginning of spring and summer my wife told me, that it'll be time to use our winter garden for her flowers and no longer to work at my pipes... So I had to search for a new place for my work and I began to clear our tool shed!

A massive wooden desk and two shelfes, some lamps and my equipment are installed and here are some pictures:

The tool shed:

My working space:

The shelfes:

So, I'm just a beginner in making pipes, but I think with this place I'll be able to make my work without ruffle... :D

Greetings,
Heinz_D
JMB

Post by JMB »

Heinz_D
Really nice looking shop. Like the way you set it up. There is something to be said about a "small" shop. Gives the work place a nice cozy felling. Like being at home.
Good idea about the shelf's. If you don't mind I would like to do something like that in my new shop.
Thanks for sharing.
JMB
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Very cool Heinz! Nice shop...I am getting ready to setup my new shop also. We just moved into a new house and I am getting half of the garage.

Woo hoo... I hope it turns out as cool as yours.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Heinz,

There must be something wrong here.

Pipe making shops are not allowed to be that clean! :P

You need to muss it up some. :D

Rad
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

RadDavis wrote:Heinz,

There must be something wrong here.

Pipe making shops are not allowed to be that clean! :P
You need to muss it up some. :D

Rad

*ROFL*

Hi Rad, hi all,

thank you for your comments... Of course it's to clean - I just didn't anything in this shop but setting up the equipment... 8O
This afternoon I'll start working and if ther is enough dust, I'll make another picture to ease you up...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to install some shower curtains in front of the shelfes?

Have a nice day,
Heinz_D
OleFattGuy

Post by OleFattGuy »

Heinz, that is a nice looking shop you've got :thumb: !
I'm interested in your machinery though, what is that lathe contraption in the second shot?

Is it a one-piece-machine that you have bought or is it something you have assembled yourself from different parts, and if so what parts and where did you buy them?

KR
OleFattGuy
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

OleFattGuy wrote:Heinz, that is a nice looking shop you've got :thumb: !
I'm interested in your machinery though, what is that lathe contraption in the second shot?

Is it a one-piece-machine that you have bought or is it something you have assembled yourself from different parts, and if so what parts and where did you buy them?

KR
OleFattGuy
It's a one-piece-machine, if you mean that all pieces are in one set... :wink: Ther are two holder - one for a drill machine (I use a infinitely variable one) and one for the mandril. Both can be fixed on a table with screw clambs and are alligned with a 1" x 10" pipe. On that pipe you can adjust the width. The holder for the mandril is adjustable too by a screw thread (?). In the middle is a support plate for the turning tools. I bought the set from wolfcraft for 99,- Euros that is abot 70,- US $.

Here's another picture with a closer view:

And here is a link for the German side of wolfcraft for the lathe, wich is called "copy ride" because it also has a copy function:

http://www.wolfcraft.de/jcatalog_genera ... oduct.html

Ther is also an English/North Amerika side but I couldn't find this product ther. Perhaps you can find it anywhere...

@all: I dedicated my shop today and now it's not longer as clean as on the photos above... :D

Greetings,
Heinz
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

That is a nice work space you have there. I too like the adjustable shelving. I have a 10'x 10' shed that I am using, but my wife thinks it is for her to store her stuff in so I am running out of room 8) Who am I to argue :dunno: