Wanted: PIMO tenon tool

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
PipeAndPint

Wanted: PIMO tenon tool

Post by PipeAndPint »

All,

Haven't been around for prolly about a year (new job/town/house/baby), but I'm starting to reassemble my shop. I'm still an extremely rank amateur..

Anyway, I'm looking to buy a used PIMO tool. Anybody have one they're looking to offload?
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

I have the tenon cutter from JH Lowe that I am trying to sell. See one like it at http://jhlowe.com/machine_parts.htm

Let me know if you have any interest and we can talk price. I have also listed the cutter on this forum.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

I have the tenon cutter from JH Lowe that I am trying to sell. See one like it at http://jhlowe.com/machine_parts.htm

Let me know if you have any interest and we can talk price. I have also listed the cutter on this forum.
Craig

Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint »

It does look like a nice tool, and your price is not bad. BUT, even at the discount it's quite a ways out of my budget for tools. I appreciate the offer, though.

For now, I'll have to limit myself to looking for one in the PIMO tool price range - preferrably used.
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

No problem. If one's available, this forum will yield it!
Craig

Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
custom300

Post by custom300 »

I wouldn't have posted this for fear of boogering up a sale for a fellow pipe maker, but it looks like you've decided against LexKY's cutter based on budget. Have you thought about using Delrin for your tenons? Kurt posted an excellent guide on the process. I use Delrin for premade stems as well as my hand made ones. I buy Delrin from http://www.onlinemetals.com Just a thought.

Here is the post http://www.pipemakersforum.com/modules. ... pic&t=1530
Blessing and Peace

Jamie
PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint »

I appreciate the suggestion. That's not really something I'm considering at this time, however.
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Heh.. another Pennsylvanian.. we'll soon be taking over the forum.. mwa-hahahaha!!!!
PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint »

Ahright, well.. my new shop-bench is coming today, so I think I'll have to splurge and get the PIMO tool.
bvartist

Re: Wanted: PIMO tenon tool

Post by bvartist »

PipeAndPint wrote: Anyway, I'm looking to buy a used PIMO tool. Anybody have one they're looking to offload?
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, hope I'm not too late! I have a PIMO tool I'd gladly part with! Have the instructions, the hex keys for adjustment and 2 drill bits to drill the stem for the guide pin.

If you are still needing one, send me a pm!

David
PipeAndPint

Re: Wanted: PIMO tenon tool

Post by PipeAndPint »

bvartist wrote:
PipeAndPint wrote: Anyway, I'm looking to buy a used PIMO tool. Anybody have one they're looking to offload?
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, hope I'm not too late! I have a PIMO tool I'd gladly part with! Have the instructions, the hex keys for adjustment and 2 drill bits to drill the stem for the guide pin.

If you are still needing one, send me a pm!

David
Just ordered the item a few hours ago.. sorry! :cry:
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, could have saved you some $$$.

David
PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint »

bvartist wrote:Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, could have saved you some $$$.

David
No problem, David - I'm the one who's feeling pain over this! :oops:
flix

Post by flix »

PnP,

Hope you find what you're looking for tooling wise. BTW, do you have a lathe? Which one if so?

Good luck with the pipes,

--Michael
PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint »

Michael,

I do not have a lathe for my own shop. However, my father has a Grizzly metal lathe at his place, ~10 minutes from where I live. So I do have access to it anytime I wish.

That said, I've not yet used it for pipe making. Typically I drill on a press and then use a disc sander to do my shaping. Replacing these with use of the lathe is something I look to do in the future, though.

cheers,
Jeremiah