Pipes for Richmond:

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bluesmk

Pipes for Richmond:

Post by bluesmk »

Well,
Just for shits and giggles, I tried to upload to my gallery....and these were aloud. Pics of a rusticated pickaxe/cone, with boxwood wouldn't take. I'll also have the controversial "pewit" with me for sale....and if I get out in the shop, I'll bring more! See ya'll there.
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes

Imagehttp://www.pipemakersforum.com/albums/G ... .sized.jpg
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

sorry,here's the flip side.
Dan
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Pretty Dan! I like that top one the best. What are the top shank extension and the white one made from?
EvGeniy

Post by EvGeniy »

I nothing have understood from an introductory word :(. It seems pipes remarkable! :thumb:
Question on the dublin. What length of a mouthpiece? Whether it is not enough for comfortable keeping in teeth? Or it seems because of scale?

I am sorry for a caricature. This das for more undestender.
If you'll find mistakes in my grammar, correct me. I'll not cry. :)
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

Thanks for looking guys,
By the way, none of these are shank extensions. They are compound stems as I refer to them. Ben the top piece, the wood is snakewood, and the creamy thin ring is vegetable Ivory ( Tauga nut...a real bitch to slice and work). The white on the Dublin is some I picked up at woodworkers store called nairoc (ivory) used for making pens....shaves powdery on the lathe, but very nice.
The lenght of the bit on the Dublin is a hair under an inch...appx.2.5cm? And is very comfortable. Hope that helps.
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
Butch_Y

Post by Butch_Y »

By the way, none of these are shank extensions. They are compound stems as I refer to them.
Please elaborate if this is not a trade secret, or perhaps another thread already exists?

Thanks
Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours. - Richard Bach, "Illusions"
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

They are multiple piece stems, worked into a single functioning stem.
All my tenon's are delrin, count the different pieces from there.
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes