It Shines!!!

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
geigerpipes

It Shines!!!

Post by geigerpipes »

A few weeks back I was lucky enough to buy some equipment of Eltang that he no longer needed.. A buffer, a metal lathe, a dust collector and a frequency modulator..and I have been collecting other stuff as well to build a new bandsander and 2 new disk sanders ...in other words we are planning a heavy shop upgrade after the rheinbach show in early August...this will make the workshop a true joy to be in and I cannot weight..I just had to install the buffer..I love improving the workshop

Heres a Pic

Now once we have rebuilt the shop I promise to show you some pics
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Holy CRAP, that's a great setup! That gives me an idea for one like it. I have a couple spare motors hanging around (I visited a junk yard last week) that I think woulf be great for powering a buffer like that.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
flix

Post by flix »

Wow, Love! That setup is quite the finest I've seen. That should meet all your needs without even shutting down the power...awesome!
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Very cool, Love!

Rad
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Did the pipe on top come with it!?
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

bscofield: Did the pipe on top come with it!?
No I had to make that sucker all by myself :P
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Nick

Post by Nick »

That is some bitchin buffing set up.
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

Great buffing-cabinet, Love! It's similar to the buffing-station I've seen at Rainer Barbi...

I'll be on the "German Pipemakers & Friends Show" in August on both days and I would be glad to meet you.
Greetings from Germany,

Heinz_D
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Heinz_D: I'll be on the "German Pipemakers & Friends Show" in August on both days and I would be glad to meet you.
Great Heinz we will have to meet up there!! anlays fun to meet other PM forum members wich rarley happens...Strange show name by the way I, meen it seems more of an international show this year...I guess I will have to be real freindly :P
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Heinz_D

Post by Heinz_D »

geigerpipes wrote:Great Heinz we will have to meet up there!! anlays fun to meet other PM forum members wich rarley happens...Strange show name by the way I, meen it seems more of an international show this year...I guess I will have to be real freindly :P
I'm living just 1 hour from Rheinbach - so no problem for me... My wife and I will arrive on Friday evening. And you don't have to be too friendly if anyone bothers you...

I heared about some international participants too - here's a list of the actual subsribers:

Frank Axmacher
Rainer Barbi
Paul Becker
Paolo Becker
Volker Bier
Oliver Camphausen
Tom Eltang
Former
Love Geiger
Peter Heding
Nanna Ivarsson
Marco Janzen
Cornelius Mänz
Jürgen Moritz
Heiner Nonnenbroich
Hans Günter Noske
Axel Reichert
Tom Richard
Bertram Safferling
Lasse Skovgaard
Bruto Sordini
Trever Talbert
Nils Thomsen

I'll be only a visitor, because I don't have enough pipes yet. And by the way: Achim Frank is a nice guy and on Saturday evening ther will be a aftershow party at Achim's winebar. Most pipemakers and some visitors will meet ther and it may be the most interesting part of the show for some people... :D
Greetings from Germany,

Heinz_D
sethile

Post by sethile »

Wow, that is one awesome buffing rig, Love! I'd really like to work toward something like that eventually, not to mention a few of other machines you have, and are planning to have! 8) Perhaps when I can make pipes of the caliber of yours I can justify a better equipped shop to go along with them :wink:

Sounds like the show in Rheinbach will be fantastic! Many fine pipe makers in that list you posted, Heinz. Hope all that go have a great time, and Love, hope you sell enough pipes to finish that big shop upgrade!
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------