Keeping cool in the shop

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

Frank wrote: "Soundly curses Trever in Greek". :filth-n-foul:
I would curse you in Breton, but it's all Greek to me, anyway.

If it makes you feel any better, I seem to have gotten a head cold from going from sunny Germany's 84 degree days to Brittany's 70-ish temps. :roll:
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/pipeblog/

My Lizards & Pipes Web Comic:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/lizards/
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Well I just came in from outside and the temp out there is a lovely 107 with about 70 or 80 percent humidity. And I do say that with sarcastic overtones.

I was born and raised in central SC and I have never gotten used to the heat, it really sucks.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
Frank

Post by Frank »

TreverT wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I seem to have gotten a head cold from going from sunny Germany's 84 degree days to Brittany's 70-ish temps. :roll:
Let's have a show of hands from all those who feel "sowwy for wittle Twever" and his cold! :thplt:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

At this point, I'd prefer the head cold as long as I wasn't sweating like I was sitting in the sauna of a cheap mid-1980s "health" club. As it is, I half expect some woman with short curly hair, covered in spandex, and wearing a braided headband to welcome me back to the club every time I step through the door to the outside..
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

KurtHuhn wrote: As it is, I half expect some woman with short curly hair, covered in spandex, and wearing a braided headband to welcome me back to the club every time I step through the door to the outside..
Yeah, that happens to me all the time.
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Kurt.. I think you and I are probably suffering from the same swelter that's hanging over the general area like a sopping wet bathroom towel. I think Nick's in it, too. It seems like it's stretched from Ohio right on through to the east coast. This stuff is just nasty. Beer doesn't even taste good right now, so we've got some problems. My air conditioner was suffering from heat exhaustion. I could hear the poor thing panting last night. On top of it all, it's making me a very disagreeable person. I've been grunting often and doing snow dances under the bit of moon I can actually see through the murky haze that's currently passing for atmosphere. Gotta love the dog days of summer!

Trever.. may your kleenex split with every blow of your nose :thplt:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I prayed to the atmosphere gods all day yesterday for drier weather. It was actually difficult to breathe in the afternoon when I went to the hardware store to get gutters for the house.

From the looks of things, I'd say they answered my plea.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com