Hi Guys. Who has an ICHAT account for mac or AIM?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.

Bowl Coating? yes or no?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 5

Chris Morgan

Hi Guys. Who has an ICHAT account for mac or AIM?

Post by Chris Morgan »

I have been trying to get a hold of all of the pipemakers who have a webcam or "ichat" for their mac so we can sort of brdge the distance gap in the pipemaking world. I would love to meet all of you, but unfortunately it is not financially easy for me to travel to the pipe shows. After all I am in San Jose, CA and there are not many main pipe shows out here. I have already linked Tom Eltang to my buddy list and would like to add a few more.

For those of you who dont know who I am. My name is Chris Morgan. I am fairly new to the scene. I have been making pipes for almost 2 years. I am just now gaining some exposure through Rob Cooper (coopersark). Check out my website and tell me what you think.

http://www.morganpipes.com

(you have to type in the "www" or it won't work right)

Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

Thanks,
Chris Morgan
Nick

Post by Nick »

Sorry, no aim or any of that stuff here. I might set something up though. Pipe chat was great when we had it.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I typically eschew chat software, which is probably strange sounding coming from an IT person, but I find it requires far too much of "right here, right now" time investment. Not only that, but it's a little frustrating to converse in that manner - especially when you're trying to keep track of four conversations all at once, each one with it's own thread of discussion that isn't neatly organized with topic or thread separation.

Or, maybe I'm just the resident curmudgeon.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

KurtHuhn wrote:Or, maybe I'm just the resident curmudgeon.
Though this may be true, :lol: , I have to agree with you otherwise. It's a pain unless you're 1-on-1 with someone like in a real-time private message box. Just too much going on.
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

I just use Yahoo Messenger. (which I'd be quite happy to share with anyone that uses it as well)
JBW

Post by JBW »

KurtHuhn wrote:Or, maybe I'm just the resident curmudgeon.
Dang! I wanted that job! I'd be good at it too. :wink:

No chat for me, I can't keep track of what's going on while typing with 2 fingers.. :roll:
Joel
Nick

Post by Nick »

Slackers!

Hehehe. Chat's not bad.
Chris Morgan

Thats what I'm sayin!

Post by Chris Morgan »

For people with desktops its a litle harder, but if you have a laptop you can chat right from your shop. I think its great.