VT Freehand for sale:

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
bluesmk

VT Freehand for sale:

Post by bluesmk »

I know a few people have used their services....anyone aware of this:http://cgi.ebay.com/TOBACCO-PIPE-MAKING ... dZViewItem

Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

It's actually posted somewhere here too.

I've thought about it, but there's no way in hades I could swing the cash, and taking a loan isn't a good idea for me right now. It's sorely tempting though - my wife could basically run it for us, and Steve is close enough that it's just a quick run up there in the pickup.

Like I said, sorely tempting.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Sorely tempting is right! My wife has been looking for something exactly like this and it IS a good time for me to take out a loan... VERY TEMPTING.
Frank

Post by Frank »

It didn't sell on ebay this time around. He gets to relist it again for free. Perhaps the second time around...

It looks like he took all the optional bells & whistles that ebay has to offer. Coloured background, border, first up on the Pipes category, etc.

With the retail market in the US being somewhat depressed at the moment, selling a business might be tough, even at near cost of goods. Makes me wonder why THE BOSS decided to open a gift store last year.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

Hello Everyone,

As Frank noted, the business did not sell on ebay. I'm not sure if I'm going to list it again. I may just part out everything or I may be willing to set up a payment schedule and just do "owner held financing". Parting things out would be more profitable for me, but I have hundreds of return customers who really enjoy the store and it's selction of products. It would be nice to see the business stay alive. I have many ideas for expanding the store, which I would be willing to share. I would hate to see 3 years of global homework go to the wayside with just parting things out. I would be willing to give anyone on this forum free email tech support for 3 months if they were to take over this business. I am open to suggestions, so please let me know what you guys suggest I should do.

Thanks, -Steve Norse
Spence Pipes

RE:

Post by Spence Pipes »

Hey Steve, get in touch with me please. Thanks.
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

Hello Everyone,

I decided to relist the pipe making supply store on eBay again. There was some interest about owner held financing from various people on this forum, but it was brought to my attention that a loan from a bank would be close to the interest I would charge, therefore, it would be just as easy to get a loan from the bank. If it was a loan thru me, I would need it paid off within a year. Remember, it brought in over $10,000 in profit last year, making it easy to pay for itself if done the right way.

If the inventory does not sell, I will be parting things out, so after the auction (if it doesn't sell) if you see anything you might like, let me know, I will be able to cut some deals.

Here is the link for the listing (I hope it works, I'm still new to this forum);

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=024

Thanks,

-Steve