rotary tools

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

rotary tools

Post by KurtHuhn »

Whelp, my dremel died a horrible, smoky, loud death. This was an older one with a flex-shaft, and it served me well.

A while back I was gifted one of these:
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-b ... ter-carver
complete with control center and a what I estimate as close to 6 dozen bits of various sizes. However, I lack a compressor to make it run.

I was playing with it earlier, right after my dremel bit the dust, and it's very comfortable to hold, far more so than the dremel flex-shaft. It fits my hand like a large pen, and the balance feels dead on.

Has anyone used on of these before? I'm guessing it's pretty darn good, but I have concerns about getting lubricating oil on the briar. Thoughts? Should I spend the money on a compressor for this beast, or get a new dremel?
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
JMB

Post by JMB »

I have never used one, but I do use a lot of "Air" driven tools. There is a problem with "spiting oil" with some tools. Don't know what PSI you would be using. Most of my guns & tools work @ 75-100 PSI, and nail guns will spit. I use a "inline" oiler which is about 50' away from the nozzle. Looks like it would be a great help, if will work with out spitting oil.

Kurt wrote:
"but I have concerns about getting lubricating oil on the briar."
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Hey guys
Random I agree with you, the dremel-fordom is my favorite tool too and I use it alot..
bought dremels biggger model a few months back with a foot peadal and dubble the horsepower of a normal one ,do you know the difference between this and a foredom?
Love
www.geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Hmm, that big dremel looks nice, and is nowhere near as expensive as a Foredom. Something for me to think about....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com