Woodcraft tool sale alert 2008.08.18

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Woodcraft tool sale alert 2008.08.18

Post by KurtHuhn »

If you guys get a chance, stop in your local Woodcraft nd check out the clearance table. I stopped in for a forstner bit, and on the way out something on the table caught my eye. Apparently the Pinnacle brand of tools is now Wood River - though the tools and packaging are identical other than having a new logo. It's the tools with the Pinnacle logo that are marked down for clearance.

The Pinnacle woodturning chisels are a favorite of mine. They're very reasonably priced, are made of some sort of high quality tool steel that will keep it's edge for a good long time - even while turning briar.

I walked out with a new skew, and if I do well at Columbus, I'll be heading back there for a captive ring tool and maybe a new diamond parting tool.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
RussAlan

Post by RussAlan »

Kurt...I think we shop at the same woodcraft. haha. I stopped in to pick up a dressing tool for my grinding wheel and came out with a new skew and fingernail gouge...both off the markdown table. I could pretty much spend hours upon hours in that store. Definitely some good deals worth checking out.
www.russalanpipes.com

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late, the cannons dont thunder, theres nothin' to plunder, Im an over [20] victim of fate...arriving to late"
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

My Pinnacle fingernail gouge is my go-to turning tool. I love the control I get with it versus a spindle or bowl gouge. The chances up mucking things up are pretty low. :)

Lately I've been in the Woodcraft about once a week (twice this week!). I'm starting to be on a first name basis with some of the guys in there. :shock: I'll go in there for sandpaper or something cheap, and walk out with $50 worth of damage. My wife dreads it when I say I need to go there for some hard to find tool or supply.

I just hope they don't run out of bargains before I get back on Sunday!
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
ckr

Post by ckr »

Then I'll head up on Saturday and scoop the best :lol:

Actually not, for me the place is a major expense to just go through the door so I try to keep it down to about twice a year.