Ooops....

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Ooops....

Post by KurtHuhn »

I was roughing in a stem I had recently completed fine tuning the internals on, and discovered what I thought was a bubble in the material. I was irritated, but hey, it happens. Then I realized, it wasn't a bubble, it was a hole:

I kinda felt something wasn't quite right with the V, just judging by the tactile feedback from my dremel handpiece, but couldn't figure out what it might be. That's the first time I've done that too, and there's no matching hole on the other side. It's a pretty strange screwup, and just goes to show that, even after several years, you can still screw up spectacularly.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Alan L
Site Supporter

Post by Alan L »

I hate when that happens, but I usually don't say "ooops," it's more like :filth-n-foul: .

My posse does not approve.

No, I don't know who they are or where or why, somebody sent it to me and I couldn't wait to post it here. :wink:
ckr

Post by ckr »

Just possibly you could say it is a "Huhn Magic Inch", just don't forget to patent it first. The guy south of you will steal any idea.
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Wow. That's a keeper post Kurt. I thought I was the only one that did thngs like that.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com