ever heard of this place?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
bscofield

ever heard of this place?

Post by bscofield »

Any of you ever heard of this place?

www.woodcraft.com

It's nation-wide but I have one by me. I was thinking about checking them out for some harder to find materials so I don't have to wait for shipping if I'm in a fix...
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

A friend of mine in Rhode Island swears by them. They seem to have a good selection of quality tools. They also appear to offer overnight shipping, and don't charge an arm and a leg for it. Hmmmm. I think I found an additional vendor for "gotta have it overnight" stuff.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

they're a 20 minute drive for me! I can get there, buy, come home in 1 hr :)
marks

Post by marks »

I get their catalogs all the time. I have never bought from them, but their stuff looks good. If you have a store near you, that is cool. Don't know if you will find all you need, but it is always fun to look in these type of stores.

I have a Woodworker's store near me (I hope I got the name right - owned by Klingspore, the sandpaper folks). I have gotten a lot of stuff from them, including carnuba, sandpaper, drill press, etc. I have ordered stains from Woodworker's Supply over the internet and have had good service from them as well. They have a store about 1 1/4 hour from me, but I rarely get there, as I can order off the internet easily and get the stuff in about a day or two.

By the way, and this is a little off topic, if anyone is considering ordering a Taig lathe, I just ordered one from Nick Carter, and his service was excellent! I highly recommend him if you are in the market for a Taig. He is very helpful, he will answer all your questions, and make sure you get what you need to do the job intended.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

they're a 20 minute drive for me! I can get there, buy, come home in 1 hr
Sadly, the nearest one to me is about an hour away - and very inconvenient to get to. The local mom-n-pop caries nothing useful - not even sandpaper over 150grit. :( The prices on that site are a little higher than what I've seen elsewhere - but if you abslutely need it overnight, it's better to pay 10% more for the product and no be gouged on shipping I guess.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com
kbosi

Post by kbosi »

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/frame ... lanks.html

Here is a good source for fake ivory and trim woods
Kirk Bosi
Bosi Pipes
Http://www.bosipipes.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I saw that, I've also used stabilized burls in some special request pipes - basically a chunk of pen blank at the end of the shank. Some those things are *really* fun to look at, and they shine like acrylic when you polish them up.
Kurt Huhn
artisan@k-huhn.com