Scofield Cherry #1

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bscofield

Scofield Cherry #1

Post by bscofield »

Here is my first ever cherrywood pipe! The top actually has this really cool egg shape but it doesn't come through well on the angles I took the pictures at. (Color differences are from flash vs. no flash)

JMB

Post by JMB »

Thats some wild looking grain. I like, great shape. Did you use any stain on it.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Good looking pipe, Ben. I really like the grain on the top as well as the darker lines underneath. Let me know how it smokes.

Jeff
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Nope, no stain at all... just brown trip, white comp. & carnuba.
jthpipes

Post by jthpipes »

I like the shape. It has some pretty cool grain in it. Are you going to be smoking it yourself? if so let us know how it smokes, I've always been curious about how cherry smokes.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

well I drilled the air hole crooked (straightened the mortise tho) so I'll probably not sell it... I'll let you guys know. I'm also probably going to coat it in that mixture everyone's been talking up on the boards.
JMB

Post by JMB »

Ben, if you don't mind. Tell us where you got the cherrywood.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Well I'm lucky in that I got it local. But the guy i got it from caters to out of state people. He has a website up and you can get ahold of him through it. If your going to order make sure you mention the dimensions you are requiring because the dimensions he lists are not ALL that he has. He's got a variety of woods that I want to try and use (as soon as I can find a good toxicity chart of some kind. Anyone know of one?).

Here's the address:

http://www.woodnshop.com/EXOTIC_LBL_LST.htm

He has briar listed but is out of it. I've asked him who his source was and am trying to find out what price he could give me for a bulk order.
JMB

Post by JMB »

Thanks Ben for your source.
(as soon as I can find a good toxicity chart of some kind. Anyone know of one?).
I looking for one too, will let you know if I find one.