Chicago show pipemaking seminar

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
BriarBrian

Chicago show pipemaking seminar

Post by BriarBrian »

Hello everyone,

The Chicago show will soon be upon us and there are some spots for the pipemaming seminar are still open. It is great fun for all and if you can come early to the show, may as well have something to do, like make your own pipe! The Seminar times/days are listed below.

Me, Jaden from Hew-Len pipes, E Andrews, and a few others will be there to assist on Wednesday and Thursday.

Also coming in on Thursday is Peter Heeschen who will also be teaching at the seminar on this day.

Also Alex Florov will be there on Thursday too!, (what a line up for Thursday huh?) and will bring some bamboo shank pipe kits for a choice few that would like to try their hand at a more advanced aspect of the art of pipemaking. The cost for that will be under $20.00 to help Alex cover the cost of materials only for the bamboo pipe kit. You also will be finishing a handcut stem so this is only for those who are willing to take on the extra challenge of Bamboo and be able to finsh the pipe possibly at home if they dont get it finished on Thursday. Let me know at my email below if you would be interested in trying your hand at a Bamboo shanked pipe as we need to let Alex know how many of the kits to bring.

So email me at fixit5561@comcast.net if you would like to participate and I will send you my mailing address of where to send your check.

Below are the particulars of the seminar:

The pipemaking seminar is on Wednesday April 29th and Thursday April 30st before the show. Both days the seminar starts at 9:00am until 5:00pm with an hour for lunch. There are only 12 spots open for the seminar. (7 are already taken and the students checks are on the way)

To save yourself a place at the seminar, you can mail me a check made out to CPCC for $50.00 usd to save your place at the seminar. The check will be returned to you during the seminar, it is only to save your place at the seminar. I dont charge for the seminar you make a pipe yourself with our direction.

If you dont show up for the seminar the check will be handed over to the CPCC and they will cash it and use it for future show funds.

You need to bring a pipe kit that has the stem already fitted to it, (you can get a pipe kit from Mark Tinsky, other pipemakers, or pipemaker supply companies, pipe makers emporium etc.) a pair of safety glasses, and clothes that can get dirty.

Also other additions to our teachers is, Alex Florov, and Peter Heeschen, both coming in on Thursday. Alex is going to bring Bamboo shank kits for a few people to purchase from him for under $20.00, and we will help the advanced students that want to try their hand at making a bamboo shank pipe. That payment for the Bamboo pipe kit from Alex will be paid directly from you to Alex at the seminar, just dont forget to let me know if you want the kit when you email me for my address and I will pass along to Alex how many kits he will need to bring.

Thank you
Brian Ruthenberg
www.briarart.com