and another steampunk pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
daniel

and another steampunk pipe

Post by daniel »

as before, comments are appreciated

i was talking somewhere here about making "deaseased" pipes,
this is going to that direction.

the main idea was to get the contrast made with the over all shape,
not only the surface and finish.

flix

Post by flix »

I like this one a lot better than the first. Fine "yard pipe"...
tritrek

Post by tritrek »

I've just realized I don't like steampunk pipes ;) The idea is interesting but it seems to ruin all my positive feelings I might feel for a pipe...
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

Personally, I love them. Diseased pipes! What an original and fantastic idea! This one especially has a great malignant tumor feel. The "router" marks on the driver's side by the bowl remind me of the other classicly ugly pipe, Custom-bilts. I love the staggered stem growths. In a world where everyone is trying to find their own personal stamp of individuality, finding their voice so to speak; you have in one bold move created a niche, that if successful, would spawn a whole cadre of imitators.

Now, if you tackle hand-mangled stems (as opposed to pre-formed), I think you could take your vision to the next level.
flix

Post by flix »

:lol:
daniel

Post by daniel »

kbadkar wrote:Personally, I love them. Diseased pipes! What an original and fantastic idea! This one especially has a great malignant tumor feel. The "router" marks on the driver's side by the bowl remind me of the other classicly ugly pipe, Custom-bilts. I love the staggered stem growths. In a world where everyone is trying to find their own personal stamp of individuality, finding their voice so to speak; you have in one bold move created a niche, that if successful, would spawn a whole cadre of imitators.

Now, if you tackle hand-mangled stems (as opposed to pre-formed), I think you could take your vision to the next level.
wow,
i really didn´t expect a comment like this, i was thinking the same that
probably most people wouldn´t take a disformed deseased look for a goal.
but i think it will be har to find a spot on the market for this kind of pipes.
ill probably try doing them with smooth finnish, at least i will require more
job, and maybe then they can be take seriously.
true about them stems.

iv´e so far ddone only one stem from the scratch,
it was done out of this plastic padding thing, that hardens and is able to be
sanded and cutted. actually it was my really first pipe. donee out of a root of a fallen tree and covered with this padding stuff.

ugly ass hell...
my zipper seems to be open in the picture... way to go...eh..
Frank

Post by Frank »

daniel wrote:my zipper seems to be open in the picture... way to go...eh..
Daniel, this section of the forum is for posting smoking pipes! :twisted:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
NateTheBookie

Post by NateTheBookie »

Daniel, I like the fact that the pipe is different, and the mangled stem is pretty cool, (very grungy looking). But if you really want to go steampunk, Maybe you could experiment with some brass inserts. Maybe even some studs or rivets incorporated in the bowl, that could look pretty neat (or attach an edwardian-looking heat exchanger and boiler unit to the side so that heating the tobacco actually causes a little piston to start spinning... Oh look, there I go giving myself Ideas... :wink: )

Nice pipe though, how does she smoke? that bowl looks really thin and hot!
JosiahG

Re: and another steampunk pipe

Post by JosiahG »

Well this is my first post on the forum and this might be a bad way to introduce myself - But I absolutely love your style! I think the diseased look could definitely find a market, given some time. There's something about them that grabs me. I'd feel proud smoking one of these, and wouldn't be nervous about fingerprints if I passed one round for friends to admire!

Keep at it :)

Josiah
daniel

Re: and another steampunk pipe

Post by daniel »

Nice to hear!
thanks mate.