Drew Estate

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
buster

Drew Estate

Post by buster »

Just wondering if anyone knows of a pipe tobacco similar to the drew estate natural series.
Nick

Re: Drew Estate

Post by Nick »

Take one of their cigars and chop it up!
restever99

Post by restever99 »

I am an avid smoker of their cigars. Which one in particular are you looking for in pipe tobacco form?
When life hands you lemons, light your pipe and contimplate what to do with those lemons.
buster

Post by buster »

I really like the root, and the java but that's not part of the natural line. Which do you like ?
restever99

Post by restever99 »

Well I occasionally enjoy the Root, Dirt, and Juicy Lucy. I've taken the challenge of the Egg once and thought it was amazing, though I don't have the patience to sit through another one. My girlfriend loves the Dirt and is always stealing them from my humidor. I've more or less switched over to pipe so it doesn't really bother me. I am dissapointed at them for discontinuing the Green Hero and the White Rabbit. Those were awesome cigars, the boxes were awesome too! They weren't as heavily flavored as the others and I'm pretty sure the Green Hero wasn't flavored and the creamy, caramel goodness came across from the tobacco alone. It seems that the natural line has become far sweeter, flavor wise, than I remember it.

As for simliar pipe flavors. You aren't going to get that mouth sweetness so characteristic of their cigars. However you can get close with MacBaren Honey & Chocolate for the Root. It's not a dead on match, but that's my opinon and my taste buds. Yours may differ.

Also in response to a previous post you can chop up their cigars and add them to a base tobacco I think. I'm not sure of the exact process, you'd have to ask some of the other guys here who blend. Wouldn't be a bad idea to try it.
When life hands you lemons, light your pipe and contimplate what to do with those lemons.