How cool is this!?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Nick

How cool is this!?

Post by Nick »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 93-2393415

Although its made by grizzly, it still looks way cool.
joshl

Post by joshl »

Random,

Sounds like you talking about the Shopsmith. Combo table saw/lathe/drill press/lathe & disc sander (standard configuration, there are an infinite number of add-ons you can get). I have one and I use it for the bulk of my work, but your right, it sometimes is a pain to change configurations. All in all though a great machine especially for those of us with small workspaces. As far as the Grizzly machine goes, I've heard of a few pipe makers using this machine or one similar to it and have had great success. I looked at getting this machine at one time but passed it over because of the weight (I have a basement shop, 'nuff said)
joshl

Post by joshl »

sorry that should read: Combo table saw/lathe/drill press/horizontal boring machine & disc sander
joshl

Post by joshl »

Yep, that's it. Are they still in business?
They sure are. Although a new MarkV (their base model) is pretty pricey. I lucked into mine and purchased it from my uncle for not much more than the cost of a decent table saw. You can check them out at www.shopsmith.com.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

I think Bosi has one
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

joshl wrote:I looked at getting this machine at one time but passed it over because of the weight (I have a basement shop, 'nuff said)
That was probably a good decision. :) I have two 9 x 20 lathes in my basement shop (with stands) plus a very large sandblasting cabinet, plus an 80 gallon compressor. Needless to say, we're hiring professional packers and movers whenever we sell this house.

Todd
jeff

Post by jeff »

Needless to say, we're hiring professional packers and movers whenever we sell this house.
Good call. Make sure you use the same company as last time. 8O