Temporary loss of taste?

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
m.c.

Temporary loss of taste?

Post by m.c. »

I've had some weird experience over the last couple of days. I can't taste the natural flavor and sweetness of tobacco. All I get is the nasty saltiness and bitterness, no matter which pipe I use and which blend I smoke. It's NOT related to over-smoking (actually I smoke less these days, being busy and travelling around), NOR to the gunkiness of pipes (they are reasonably well rotated and cleaned). This happened once before, during the summer-fall transition. Now it happens again when winter is at door. I don't have flu or cold. So, is it related to the season or the "rhythm" of human body? Really eerie. Do you have similar experiences?
Nick

Re: Temporary loss of taste?

Post by Nick »

Allergies?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I got a cortizon shot in my shoulder about 6 months ago, my doctor didnt think id mind if it was also the same shot they give to people who have allergie problems... she was right i dint mind. About 3 days later I felt like i was getting sick, my sence of smell was seriously diminished. I lost about 80% of my sence of smell for 4-5 months. its finlly back to normal now.

the only tobacco that i could smell and taste was Key Largo, you want want to give it a try.
m.c.

Post by m.c. »

For me it lasts only a couple of days, and now I'm back :) I do not knowingly suffer any allergy and rarely take medicines or shots. Anyway, the "rhythm of human body" I said may just be a micro-equivalent of some sort of allergy. To be sure, biology is much more elusive than the working of a pice of wood and some weeds stuffed in it, so I'll just settle for it. BTW, it makes me understand the way women around hate smoking. It's all in the eye (nostril) of the perceiver. :?
Nick

Post by Nick »

Its your pipe-time-of-the-month.
m.c.

Post by m.c. »

Nick wrote:Its your pipe-time-of-the-month.
Does that mean I need some tampons in the nostrils? (guarding against the foul taste not nosebleed :banghead: )
Nick

Post by Nick »

ROFL!!!!