Starting a Pipe Club

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Nick

Starting a Pipe Club

Post by Nick »

Well, dispite having the NASPC headquartered in Columbus, there is no local active pipe club operating. At least as far as we can tell. I talked to Bill Unger of NASPC and he said there hadn't been one since his group went national. Sooooo, my buddy and are are going to remidy that situation. We'll be the Greater Columbus Pipe and Ale club! Although, it should be said we won't discriminate if one prefers wine or other spirits. ;)

Here's a draft of our charter. Any comments or suggestions would be much appriciated.

The Greater Columbus Pipe and Ale club (GCPA)

Purpose: To promote comeraderie among pipe smokers and collectors in the Columbus (Ohio) metrpolitan area. This will be done through:
1. Regular communication – via email and snail-mail.
2. Regularly scheduled meetings and events.
3. Holding at least one swap event per calendar year.

The club will function as a not-for-profit entity, with revenues generated from any dues levied being either directed enhancing the purpose stated above or toward a chartity or charities agreed upon by the general membership.

Officers:
President: The President will over see the general operation of the club, scheduling meetings and coordinating communications to the membership. Additionally, the president will be primarily responsible for generating new membership and handling inquiries. This seat will be elected by a majority vote of the membership. The term will last 2 claendar years, starting January 1 2005.

Secretary/Treasurer: The Secretary/Treasurer will be respnsible for managing the club’s accounts, keeping detailed notes on all formal action taken by the club and maintaining an up to date file of the club’s membership. This seat will be elected by a majority vote of the membership. The term will last two claendar years starting Januart 1, 2005.

Member-at-large:
The member at large will have voting rights on all issues befor the GCPA board. This seat will be elected by a majority vote of the membership. The term will last 1 claendar year, starting January 1, 2005.

GCPA Board
The GCPA Board will be responsible for setting forth and deciding on policy matters which have a significant direct or indirect impact on the club or its membership.

Membership:
There are no membership requirments, save that you participate in such a way as to advance the overall purpose of the club.

Dues:
At this time, there are no dues. This issue may be revisited, if greater funds become necessary to advance the operation of the club.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Oh sure! I leave the state, and someone starts a pipe club local to me. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com