Questions about Chicago

Discussions about pipe shows, pipe seminars, tobacco shows, trade shows, etc. All sizes, shapes, and countries.
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Questions about Chicago

Post by SimeonTurner »

This question is for all of the folks who are veterans of the Chicago show. I'm hoping to be able to go this year, and I'm wondering a few things:
  • What's the best bet for lodging? Stay at the sponsor hotel?
  • What kind of cost do you typically incur for lodging/food etc
  • How many pipes is an appropriate number to bring ( I mean, obviously buying a table and having 3 pipes on it is a bit absurd, as is a table with 200 pipes on it...I imagine. Any thoughts as to volume would be great)
  • Any fun pipemaker gatherings take place outside of the show itself?
  • Any other kernals of wisdom you would offer a show virgin
Thanks in advance for your input guys. I imagine I will need to pull the trigger relatively quickly if I am going to go.
:D
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
RadDavis

Re: Questions about Chicago

Post by RadDavis »

SimeonTurner wrote:This question is for all of the folks who are veterans of the Chicago show. I'm hoping to be able to go this year, and I'm wondering a few things:
  • What's the best bet for lodging? Stay at the sponsor hotel?
  • What kind of cost do you typically incur for lodging/food etc
  • How many pipes is an appropriate number to bring ( I mean, obviously buying a table and having 3 pipes on it is a bit absurd, as is a table with 200 pipes on it...I imagine. Any thoughts as to volume would be great)
  • Any fun pipemaker gatherings take place outside of the show itself?
  • Any other kernals of wisdom you would offer a show virgin
Thanks in advance for your input guys. I imagine I will need to pull the trigger relatively quickly if I am going to go.
:D
1. Stay at the resort.

2. I usually arrive on Wednesday and leave on Monday morning. Hotel room and food runs about $1000 give or take.

3. I bring as many pipes as I have ready. Usually around 20-25.

4. There is all sorts of shit going on 24 hrs/day.

5. Just do it. :D

Rad