disk sander question

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

I would think "permanent" is impossible unless you want it to start as a 36 grit wheel and end up as a 400 grit wheel. Resin backed wheels are the way to go if you want longevity. I don't know what grit you're using, but I assume it's to shape, so something under 100. You'll have to mess with mounting a new backing plate somehow so that you can bolt the resin backed disks on though.

Todd
joshl

Post by joshl »

Random,

If your only issue is the pain in removing the PSA disks, why not switch your disk over to a hook and loop type fastener. I believe you can find retrofit kits for most size disks to convert from PSA to Velcro or hook & loop. This would allow you to switch to a different grit in an instant. Best of luck.

Josh
abbeypipes

discs

Post by abbeypipes »

random,I have seen discs that are steel with a rough surface,they resemble a rubber backing pad in shape,they appear lethal as far as taking skin off knuckles,I have considered them but I'd prefer the failings of rubber discs from a safety point of view.I have tried to source them but I cannot find any ,they could be angle grinder discs as you stated
regards