ugly ebonite

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
jenmom2myboys

Re: ugly ebonite

Post by jenmom2myboys »

Sasquatch wrote:Kurt, I take pride in my ability to swear offensively, especially in front of "good company", and most especially in technical discussions where I have some expertise. But "Jesus Titty Fucking Christ" is up there, dude. I am impressed. :thumbsup:
Me, too. I love a potty mouth.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Sorry Jen, I think Kurt goes more for the oiled-up Sailor types with a lot of hair.

Glad ta see ya back - you gots yer next pipe worked up yet?
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Oh man - the mythos of Kurt Huhn is apparently hairy, oily dudes in pink assless chaps.

Clearly I've gone astray somewhere. My daughters will never live this down.

Aw fuckit. Everyone has to have some kind of false mythos - just look at Miyamoto Musashi. Though, his is somewhat more... manly.

Jen, I'm glad I didn't offend. But even if I did, I wouldn't want to ever give the perception that I was some kind of angelic dude that does nothing wrong. I yam what I yam. (and yes, a potty mouth is kinda hot under the right circumstances... :D )
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Kurt, I'm only relying on evidence presented. I had no preconceptions. But everyone needs a hobby, and I'm not one to judge. :mrgreen:

EDIT: And for the record, all chaps are assless, or they are in fact.... pants.

EDIT EDIT: Kurt, just like Musashi, you have a U in your name. That's really awesome. Don't let go of that.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Sasquatch wrote:
EDIT: And for the record, all chaps are assless, or they are in fact.... pants.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bregolad

Post by bregolad »

i just read through the last couple pages...hehehe

i don't know if mike will be allowed to stay on the forum, but if he is, it would be entertaining to see the ghost of his former self signaling us from the netherworld( :hot: ) of pipe making, if only as a warning.
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Sasquatch wrote:EDIT: And for the record, all chaps are assless, or they are in fact.... pants.
True, but how often do you get to work the phrase "assless chaps" into conversation? I mean, the whole imagined visual of the thing is just absolutely priceless - for shock and awe value if nothing else.

Assless chaps. *shudder*

And wow, I just re-read my message. I must have been pretty pissed. You don't see me do that too often....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Not often enough.

A classic post, worthy of saving.
Nick

Post by Nick »

You know, there might be a niche market for assed chapps. I mean, say your an assless chapp wearing kinda guy, but are going to a party where you don't know alot of folks. You don't want to hang your ass right out there, do ya? Enter the assed chapps! And, you could even put some of those nifty little snaps on there, so you could yank off the ass if you want.

I say we get Neil F. to make Kurt a pair. Perhaps in a more muted puse (puce?) color, as these would be for....well just cuz.
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

Nick wrote:Enter the assed chapps!
:lol:
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

But if you put asses on chap then Kurt would have a chapped ass, and no one likes a chapped ass lol
jenmom2myboys

Post by jenmom2myboys »

Sasquatch wrote:Sorry Jen, I think Kurt goes more for the oiled-up Sailor types with a lot of hair.

Glad ta see ya back - you gots yer next pipe worked up yet?

Damn, guess I'm not oily or hairy enough. I have a piece of briar drilled and waiting for me, thanks to my Hubby, just waiting to find the time.

Kurt, no offense taken. I like people to be themselves and I could probably out potty mouth anyone here.
RonniB

Post by RonniB »

Boy, am I glad I finally got approved for this forum. Tired of listening to buttocks smooching in other Forums.

Reading Mike's posts, I thought I was reading George Dibos. Whew! Scary.

I received replacement black ebonite from SEM a few months ago and it's good! Also got some samples of their latest attempts at getting "Brindle" rod correct...they're very close. I'm cutting 4 different stems from samples of their "rippled" stuff and will be able to make an honest appraisal after they're finished. So far, so good.

Of course, this info is worthless to "Bakelite" Weaver.
EBK

Post by EBK »

Mike,

As an aspiring pipe maker and someone who one day would like to make some money selling pipes I would think being cordial and civil to all those in the pipe community, particularly those whom are well respected and longstanding heavy hitters, might be an asset. Getting on the bad side of some of these pipe crafters could and probably will hurt your ability to progress, learn, and profit in the pipe business in the future.

It’s OK to disagree but remember the pipe world, although growing, is a small community. If not for others sake then for your own, I’d try to tone it down a notch as its obvious your post rub some folks the wrong way.

It seems at times you’re trying to make things right but a few post later you back at it, antagonizing other pipe makers. Just let it go…its not benefiting anyone including you.

I apologize if I sound like I am preaching, I am not. Only trying to spur some thought and make thing civil on this forum.

Let’s all try to keep this forum a great place to learn, make friends, and continue to expand the pipe community.
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

let me get this straight, someone who makes pipes like the picture below, is giving a hard time to all the pros on this forum? and is still here on the forum?? when is this guy gonna be banned from here???

These pros are here to share knowledge and help us all, even themselves. There is a lot to say for those guys who devote a good amount of time helping others. But this Mike guy, has not helped anyone with anything. He just stirs everything up and edits it later. There is no way of even understanding what he is getting at because every time I return to a post, it's edited.

I find I use this forum less and less. If I search for something and Mr. Messer has posted, I just go onto another post. I'm tired of it, and I want to know how to block this guy. If I cannot block him, I see myself rarely using this forum, compared to using it every day before he joined.

Please, someone, tell me why he is still here?

And Mr. Messer, would you kindly post some pictures of your pipes, maybe ask for some opinions, or are you just here to stir things up? I've tried searching the internet for Messer pipes, but haven't turned up a single thing besides the picture above. You do realize that if you want to be accepted here, you need to show some pipes and accept critiques, not just bash everyone. There are many new pipe makers here like myself who are hesitant of posting because of all the childish outcomes of your edited replies.

PS - I'm going to edit this 100 times

EDIT - why does it say I have not edited when I have edited 10 times? Does it just show that way to me, or do you guys see that I edited the post? This is really annoying, I want 100 edits and I cant keep track if it doesn't show up for me. Please Mr. Messer, help me, I know you are the man of editing, help me

oh wait, here we go, 3 edits and counting
Last edited by Vermont Freehand on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
T3pipes

Post by T3pipes »

click on his profile at the bottom of one of his posts, click on "Add Foe" under his picture
you have to add or remove text to show as edited i think
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

If you are the last post in a topic, it won't show an edit to that post. If someone posts after you and you edit after they post, your post will start tallying the edits.
larrysson

Post by larrysson »

I'm chiming in a bit late...but nevermind. Askwith has said everything about SEM that I would have, but I thought I would add this little update. I did come across one bad 22mm black rod in my SEM order. The rod has micro pits and didn't take a great shine. The other 22mm rods are fine. I'm very happy with SEM and will continue to use them. A bad rod every once in a while is acceptable to me, especially when SEM will replace it. I just wish I could detect the problem before the final buff. I believe that SEM will be at the Chicago show.