bayonet mounting

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
abbeypipes

bayonet

Post by abbeypipes »

hi random
I wish I could help you on this one ,like yourself I can see what you want but I cannot remmember where I saw it. I agree that a better design is needed with the fitting, it frustates me time and time again when you have what you think is the perfect fit to later find the thing is not as you left it.I am speaking to a pipe repair man friend shortly who has 35 years of experience and I'm sure that he has seen every possible design ever made I am going to see if he has any ideas,I'll keep you informed
regards
BriarBrian

Post by BriarBrian »

i dont understand what that mounting is, and what is it going to be used for?
Hoosier_Daddy

Post by Hoosier_Daddy »

Random, you may want to try McMaster-Carr.
http://www.mcmaster.com

We use their catalog at work like a bible.

Good luck!
Of course that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

Random,

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Sounds like a very cool idea.
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

I know what you mean. People tend to be creatures of habit and aren't always interested in innovations. Still, it could make a very nice line of pipes.
stdly

Post by stdly »

random wrote:Well, the world is an interesting game. Yesterday the copper flex-tubing that I use to route exhaust gas from my generator outside the shop broke, and I decided screw replacing these things, I'll go with 3/4" steel pipe. So I fetched myself off to the local hardware store and brought back some pieces. Of course when I tried putting it together I found that I needed to bend one piece of pipe and shorten another. So I dragged out the arc welder to start dealing with it. I grabbed the cables to plug them in...

And there the damned things were! "Dinse" connectors for arc welders. The ones on my welding cable look like they could be modified to do the job, though they're a tad large. So next time I get into the city I'll check out the local welding supply houses and see if I can get smaller ones.

This is gonna be fun whether it works or not! :D
random,
Cool Idea! I was wodering how you would make the twist and lock seal and the alignment of the stem work out right.
Regards,
Steve J

Opinions! Everyone has one and everyone thinks the other persons stinks