Villager Stokkebye tasting

Discussions about pipe shows, pipe seminars, tobacco shows, trade shows, etc. All sizes, shapes, and countries.
Skip

Villager Stokkebye tasting

Post by Skip »

Here at The Briary we had our 3rd pipe smoking contest today. We did it in conjunction with a Villager Stokkebye tobacco tasting and a James Norman pipe show. Erik Stokkebye was on hand to give out samples and shoot the bull. This was the second time in as many years that we held this event. It was every bit as much fun as last year. Erik gave away a ton of tobacco. Jeff Smith, from James Norman. had a lot of nice pipes like Caminetto, Ferndown, Stephano ect. The weather was great and a lot was going on here in town so attendance was down a bit but we still sold 21 pipes. I was pleased.

Only seven people entered the contest but all did a good job. Last years 3rd place winner was the first out and he had almost 22 minutes. We had two guys that beat a hour and a half with the winner, Raymond Lykins, closing the event with 1 hour 47 minutes and about 17 seconds. He knocked out the dottle and showed me what was left and it was not much. Raymond has won all three of our smoking contests and is heading to Chicago to compete there. Raymond was smoking a Cavicchi billiard and did not get the full 3 grams in to the pipe. I prefer to allow contestants to smoke their own pipes rather than requiring them to buy a pipe for the contest.

If you live in a place with a brick and morter that can allow smoking you should encourage them to hold this type of event cause every one comes out ahead.

Now I am off to the first Indy race in Alabama at the Barbers Motor Sports park. I will say hello to Danica for you guys.