Scofield Pipes "Dead Horn"

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bscofield

Scofield Pipes "Dead Horn"

Post by bscofield »

Here's one of my latest... unfortunately it died an untimely death. It slipped immediately after it's photos were taken and I dropped it and snapped the tenon :x

Haven't brought myself to re-make the stem yet...

It is cherry by the way...
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey Ben,

That sucks! Very nice pipe though, I like the flow of it. Very cool!
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
aaron

great horn

Post by aaron »

That is an excelent shape, I am sorry you dropped it. My first couple of pipes have some nifty little dings from my adolecent experiences with a high speed buffer... shot them across the bench more than once :lol:
GREAT WORK
Nick

Post by Nick »

Cool pipe bud. Nice stemwork. Looks like it was a noce tight fit. It looks like there are a few water droplet marks on the pipe. Is that just somthing in the pic? How did the cherry wood take the stain? And why black? Not too much grain, or just felt like it?
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

The pipe had smudges on it from handling, and it shows up in the pics more than I thought it would. That's probably what you notice. The grain was fine, I just felt like the black that's all... The cherry wood took the stain in all but one place. In all my blocks of cherry I've noticed this line of "shoots" which you would be looking "down the shoot" if you were looking at it. When unstained and you buf this up it has a really cool 3-d look. But in this case it rejected the stain just enough to where it blead through... gave it a cool look, IMO. I enjoyed making the pipe, which is what counts.