Pipe Signing (Engraving) Nomanclature

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Jeffery

Pipe Signing (Engraving) Nomanclature

Post by Jeffery »

Hey Folks!

I know this has been discussed, but I can't find the thread and the search feature on the board won't work for me...

I'm currently looking to improve my signature (stamp), and am looking for suggestions... for now, it's just "Suter USA"

I was wondering what bit for a rotary tool works best for signing your name (for those that do, I know Tyler did)... I've been using a diamond tip one now and I'm thinking I'm struggling with it for no reason... I just got a new Dremel-Pro set up, so I thought now would be a good time to ask...

Thanks in advance!
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I use the Dremel 1/32" cutting bit (No. 105). I googled it and came up with this photo: http://www.toolking.com/shop/view.asp?ID=6728

I would think that the bit you are using would be very difficult. It needs to be an aggressively cutting bit so that you can sign in a somewhat normal manner. It needs to cut as quickly as you write, and cut deeply enough that the bit doesn't wander off track and mar the finish.

Tyler
Jeffery

Post by Jeffery »

Thanks Tyler! I'll pick one up on the way home and I'll let you know how I do...

Yes, the tip I've been using requires a very high speed and has a tendency to burn if I'm not careful...

Thanks again!