Oooops I did it again!

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Tsunami

Oooops I did it again!

Post by Tsunami »

Man I dont know! I swore when I bought my Gorton Engraver that it was the last piece of machinery but I felt funny the other night and when I woke up the following morning this other one was sitting in my basement! WTF???
Sorry about the photography but I have bronchitis and worse than that I was in the Emergency room all night with Kidney Stones! So I am still a little shakey.

TRS
Site Supporter

Re: Oooops I did it again!

Post by TRS »

I like that neither bronchitis nor kidney stones could keep you from purchasing and wrestling another 10 million pound machine. :lol:
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Dang! You're getting to be worse than Jack Howell with his lathe habit. :)

Rad
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

And maybe, like Jack, I'll buy one of your unused machines one day. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

BeatusLiebowitz wrote:I like that neither bronchitis nor kidney stones could keep you from purchasing and wrestling another 10 million pound machine. :lol:

Heheheheh Yeah I am dedicated you might say! I actually have had this machine sitting in the garage waiting to make it down to the shop. I did hit one hurtle with this machine. It has a tapered spindle and my other machine has a straight spindle. So the only way to utilize the same tooling was to find what was called a midget chuck that is tapered to fit in the spindle but can hold straight tooling. It took some time to locate someone with the chucks willing to sell me a couple at the tune of 100.00 bucks. I paid Paypal and they were promply shipped from Indiana. I watched the tracking all the way to the local post office and when it said " Out for delivery" I was excited! Guesss what? The zipper heads at the Post Office LOST the friggin package somewhere between the Post Office and my house! Been a week and still cant find it. So now I have to search for replacements if they exist and hope when this guy I bought these from files the insurance claim he refunds my 100.00 bucks!

So we will see. On a much lighter note I did finish a few more pipes but I I have yet to photograph them. So hopefully by the end of next week.
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

In the words of Frank Barrone: "Holy crap!!!!!"
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com