New addition to site...

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

New addition to site...

Post by KurtHuhn »

All,

Hopefully everyone noticed the donate button in the top right of the site this morning.

The goal is, with enough capital raised to allow it, to upgrade the server hardware to modern technology and current version of the operating system, as well as offset some of the costs associated with the hosting of the site.

To recognize members that donate, I've created a special rank called "Site Supporter" - just let me know your forum username when you donate so that I can add that to your profile. Of course, you may also donate anonymously.

Thanks!
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
bikedoctor
Site Supporter

Re: New addition to site...

Post by bikedoctor »

The kid is in. Thanks Kurt.
Kevin
TimGeorge
Site Supporter

Post by TimGeorge »

How about 2% of sales. Let's see ... I have sold five or six this year at an average of about 100 ... so that's $12. Some of you guys may have some larger balances. :lol:
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

TimGeorge wrote:How about 2% of sales.
I haven't sold a pipe yet, but I've sunk plenty of cash into supplies; I'll total up 2% of my losses and figure out what Kurt owes me. :D
Alan L
Site Supporter

Post by Alan L »

I'm in. Profit is not yet exceeding outlay, but hey, it's fun and it keeps me off the streets when it's too hot to fire up the forge. :wink:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Too hot like the last week! No forging has been accomplished at all since the beginning of the month, and I'm dangerously close to reaching the deadline of a KITH. This one might end up being a stock removal knife if the this weather doesn't break.

In other news:
Thank you all for your donations!

I'll be putting them to good use, along with a bit of my own cash, to be sure that this forum has the benefit of current technology. See my next post to see the results so far!
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com