Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Have been quite busy for a couple of weeks, and couldn't get to the garage as often as I would have liked. But here is the latest, also with handcut stem, which I haven't done for a long while.
So, as usual, I would be pleased to hear any comments.
Sorringowl

Re: #1012

Post by Sorringowl »

Beautiful pipe! I love the shape and the different materials used for the stem/extension. The extension appears to be lucite. Is that correct? or is the light playing tricks on my eyes?
“When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”
― Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Sorringowl's leather pipe accessories shop: http://www.sorringowlandsons.etsy.com
mathias65

Post by mathias65 »

I love the finish, as well as the stem and extension. I like the pipe as a whole, but I think I would like it more if the back of the bowl was the same shape as the front is.
Charl

Post by Charl »

but I think I would like it more if the back of the bowl was the same shape as the front is
You're not the first to say that, but for me (at the time of making) it would have interrupted the flow. The shank extension is acrylic, btw.