a new guy! … an Introduction.

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
Globemaster

a new guy! … an Introduction.

Post by Globemaster »

well … after reading a few of Kurt’s and a buddies postings over on another forum; it kind of got me interested in trying a pipe for the first time; so I set out to find a nice old gentlemen’s pipe from days gone by! and what I found was a reconditioned London Royal® Estate Pipe that had been cleaned, sanitized, and polished up a little.

here are a few of the sellers images at the bottom; and I also got a few ‘sample packs’ of tobacco from Kurt (thanks again) so that I could try out a few blends and see what I would like to continue to smoke? and after trying the Autumn Evenings® that was in the batch; I must say that I do like this mild blend over some of the others that I did try.

so after getting another recommendation from Kurt on where to buy the tobacco and accessories; I placed an order with SmokingPipes.com last week, as I ordered an 8oz. Tin of the Cornell & Diehl™ Autumn Evenings® and a nice $5.50 butane lighter w/ tamper, that’s Made in Austria … as it received some rave reviews from that web sites staff.
The Bentley pipe lighter has a convenient fold-out tamper, an adjustable flame and a replaceable flint. We have tested many affordable pipe lighters and the Bentley has proven to be the most durable and reliable affordable pipe lighter we've used.

here’s the info provided by the Seller, on the Pipe that I purchased.
14K Gold !! LHS *London Royal* Estate Pipe

You are bidding on a beautiful London Royal pipe made by LHS in a large billiard shape Beautifully grained this pipe shows very nice cross grain and birdseye in a deep burgundy color; the stem is crispy black, the shank sports a 14k gold band as a beautiful decoration giving this pipe a timeless elegance, the rim is clean and buildup free.

This pipe has been professionally cleaned and sanitized and is ready for you to enjoy, LHS Sterncrest was one of the popular American pipe makers from the early 20th Century until they closed in the 1950's the LH Stern Pipe Making Company of Brooklyn, New York produced the Sterncrest, Purex and Park Lane lines of pipes that competed with Weber, Fischer, Ehrlich, and Custom built for the mid-high range market between the two world wars.
Details:
• Pipe length: 5 3/4"
• Bowl Height: 2"
• Bowl Width: 1 1/2"
• Chamber Width: 7/8"
• Chamber Depth: 1 3/4"

The Nonsense Stops! … when the Hammer Drops!
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Re: a new guy! … an Introduction.

Post by kbadkar »

Those Bentley (or Prometheus or other private labels on same design) lighters suck. I've owned more than 4 and none lasted longer than a few months. The plastic gas "triggers" are the weak link in the chain.

If you got the do-re-mi, get an Old Boy (IM Corona).

If not, try a Xikar imitation (Pipeline).

If you want a cheap but good pipe lighter than is in the same price range as the Bentley, get an IMCO, also made in Austria
Globemaster

Re: a new guy! … an Introduction.

Post by Globemaster »

kbadkar wrote: Those Bentley (or Prometheus or other private labels on same design) lighters suck.
I’ll give it a try as soon as I get some fuel for it, and for now, it will be better than the Bic®

thanks for the tips; and I’ll search it out the other on Google.
The Nonsense Stops! … when the Hammer Drops!