Why Are Cobbs Great Pipe Material?

Interested in making clay pipes, meerschaums, olive woods, or some other exotic material? Talk about it here.
bregolad

Re: Why Are Cobbs Great Pipe Material?

Post by bregolad »

Though not very experienced in pipemaking myself, it is important for the newer members to note that most (if not all) basic questions have been answered here in the forums before, and its only thanks to great patience and dedication that they are answered again. There is, of course, no harm in being inquisitive, but please take advantage of all the previous material on the forum. It really is a treasure to have all this here. I know that before I posted or joined this forum, I pored through almost every post (literally), and found that I asked better questions. YMMV.
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
Dixie_piper

Post by Dixie_piper »

Way off topic I know, but a newbie question I can't find the answer for;
What does YMMV mean??? :)
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

It means that when they test out how far a car will go on a tank of gas, the manufacturer usually finds a nice smooth downhill couple of miles to do the test on. Which explains why my Ranger was supposed to get 24 mpg and probably gets 13. "Your Mileage May Vary"
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

pecci wrote:Just checking to see how you handled a taste of your own medicine.

Apparently, you handled it the same way as I did.

Let's be friends, now!
Not a chance.
Dixie_piper

Post by Dixie_piper »

Sasquatch wrote:It means that when they test out how far a car will go on a tank of gas, the manufacturer usually finds a nice smooth downhill couple of miles to do the test on. Which explains why my Ranger was supposed to get 24 mpg and probably gets 13. "Your Mileage May Vary"
Thank you! I've been wondering about that for awhile :lol:
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
pecci

Post by pecci »

Really, I apologize, Bruce. Let's put this behind us. I don't know why I acted that way. I'm a better person than my previous posts would indicate. In fact, I owe my apologies to everyone.
Leus

Post by Leus »

pecci wrote:Really, I apologize, Bruce. Let's put this behind us. I don't know why I acted that way. I'm a better person than my previous posts would indicate. In fact, I owe my apologies to everyone.
Pecci,

he is still yanking your chain. Or not.
pecci

Post by pecci »

Leus wrote:
pecci wrote:Really, I apologize, Bruce. Let's put this behind us. I don't know why I acted that way. I'm a better person than my previous posts would indicate. In fact, I owe my apologies to everyone.
Pecci,

he is still yanking your chain. Or not.
It doesn't matter. Irregardless of his intent, I shouldn't have acted the way I did.