I have to share one...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
e Markle

Re: I have to share one...

Post by e Markle »

baweaverpipes wrote: Sas and eRemarkable are douche bags!
Someone has to fulfill that vital role in every forum. To that end, I humbly offer my services.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Hey Bruce if you're buying drinks, I'll have a double vinegar and water.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
vasco

Post by vasco »

RadDavis wrote:
SimeonTurner wrote: It's weird stuff. It doesn't handle heat from drilling/turning very well, so you have to go real slow and make sure your tools are sharp.
Simeon, your pipe sucks, and you are a bozo. :P
I was cutting some celluloid this morning, and the band saw blade bound just a little bit (just barely slowed), and both the stick and the piece I was cutting off burst into flame! I got them out with no damage to either one, but that stuff burns pretty readily.
My whole shop smells like Vicks VapoRub. :lol:
Rad
I wonder if using celluloid in a pipe is a good idea.
The stuff is highly inflammable and very sensitive to solvents. They tried to use it to make billiard balls but the idea didn't quite catch up because it would burst in flames/explode (here my sources diverge, some say flames, others say explode) if dropped with sufficient force in a hard surface.

The Vick smell is camphor, celluloid is cellulose nitrate + camphor. Cellulose nitrate is also known as guncotton.
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

Since all of my posts are being moderated, now, by the .....moderators, I guess? :? I can't really be myself, or I would have posted something like, "*#%$^&*+!*%#+=!@%&*$#." and, of course...a couple of :takethat: :fencing: :takethat: But if I had posted that, the moderators would not have let it go up. So, Gee, Simeon what an adorable piece of *%#+. :lol: :lol:
Not seriously. I like the pipe. My crazy (some ignorant white-eyes would say), renegade, Cherokee friend likes it, too. :D
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

Sasquatch wrote:Hey Bruce if you're buying drinks, I'll have a double vinegar and water.
Sas,
You going to Chicago?
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Not if you are, ya douchebag.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

SimeonTurner wrote:...Im also now selling my own turds. It's an art, you see, and I put a lot of hard work and effort into every one. My website will be published very shortly, though I will likely edit it frequently, so if you see a price you like, strike fast...it may double as my medication wears off (or on, depending)
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sometimes things come back to haunt you, Simeon. :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
M.M.