Why can't my bandsaw cut like this?

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
taharris

Re: Why can't my bandsaw cut like this?

Post by taharris »

Jeff,

I'm glad I could help.

Todd
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Todd, using your information I also ordered one for my Craftsman. It is excellent and does indeed cut briar like butter. I have tried several brands before and this is by far the best I have owned. Thanks. bob gilbert
taharris

Post by taharris »

You're welcome.

(Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes :D )
Last edited by taharris on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nate

Post by Nate »

I guess I need to get a bandsaw huh? Then I can obtain this sweet, sweet blade. :D
Taspiper

Post by Taspiper »

Here's a tip I use for cutting straight or curves.
My band saw is 18" but I only use 4tpi blades 1/4 wide and they cut true as, must be sharp though.

I lay a thin piece of square craft wood on the table, left side against the guide. The piece is as big as the table so the guide is roughly in line with the left edge.
I cut halfway through this board or so . So now I have a pice that slides back and forth. I now place the object I want to cut in line with the blade and help hold it in place with plastacine.
Now simply push the object through holding it by hand and with the help of the plastacine on the craft table keeping the left edge against the guide...... Straight cut!

You can use the same idea for a radius with a hole in the board at the relative radius for the cut instead of the guide and hold a scriber through the hole in to the table. Board rotates through the cut as does the object you want to cut.
Cheers Rolf.

"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs." -Albert Einstein

http://www.acmeengineering.com.au
http://www.rolfhey.com
Rolfhey@acmeengineering.com.au