by Julie Anne pipe for charity auction

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
JanPipes

by Julie Anne pipe for charity auction

Post by JanPipes »

A personal note:
Most of the pipe smokers know the pipes made by Anne Julie from pictures or have seen them with their own eyes. Some are lucky enough to have her pipe in their collection. I had the opportunity to watch Anne Julie working on this pipe from start to finish. Thanks to this rare occasion I fully understood why her pipes amaze me so much. For three days I watched from the working table beside how the final shape of the pipe was slowly growing with light strokes of a cutter, taking away several layers in total harmony with the natural grain of the briar. It was more like watching a gardener grow a flower, watering it, watching it grow – in the end Anne's pipe grew into a lovely flower.

I have to admit that some time ago for one of my pipes I used a quote by the sculptor Michelangelo regarding his statue of David, when he said: „The statue was already there in the stone and with my work I just set it free.“ Today I have to apologize for such a daring statement, but for this particular pipe made by Anne Julie that statement is true – I have seen it with my own eyes and confess that it is so.

Anne Julie is undoubtedly a legend among the masters of the pipemaking craft, a living legend and at the same time an amazingly young lady, that shares happiness, smiles and help to all the people around her. First I wanted to meet her as a legend of the pipemaking craft, but today I must say that it is more important to me that I had a chance to get to know her as a human being, human in the very meaning of the word.

Anne, thank you so much! Jan

ideo Anne Juliue in the creation and her new pipe

Measurements & Other Details:
Length: 178,0 mm; Weight: 134 g
Bowl Height:83,7 mm;
Bowl Diameter:49,8 mm;
Chamber Depth: 40,5 mm
Chamber Diameter: 19,0 mm
Material: Briar;
Stem Material: Cumberland;
Filter: none
Mike Messer

Re: by Julie Anne pipe for charity auction

Post by Mike Messer »

Thanks for the most interesting post and video. I have seen several of her pipes over the past few years on her web site and at bisgaard's web site.
This is posibly my favorite, so far. Amazing work of art. Before it was her "Hard Rock" pipe with the blue stem, or posibly, "Stars."