Smoking?

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
Nate

Re: Smoking?

Post by Nate »

McC No. 6 (green tin) in a Blatter canted billiard.
Nate

Post by Nate »

St Brüno RR in a FredS prince
potholer

Post by potholer »

Bloody Hell!
I have just caught up with this thread, I wish i had the tobacco's, pipes and the time to smoke them that you do Nate :lol:

Seriously I envy those of you in US and Canada the range of tobacco's available to you

being British i generally smoke Clan or St Bruno in a dr plumb's perfect pipe

regards
dave
"Omne ignotum pro magnifico" - everything becomes common place by explanation :- sherlock holmes
Nate

Post by Nate »

potholer wrote:Bloody Hell!
I have just caught up with this thread, I wish i had the tobacco's, pipes and the time to smoke them that you do Nate :lol:

Seriously I envy those of you in US and Canada the range of tobacco's available to you

being British i generally smoke Clan or St Bruno in a dr plumb's perfect pipe

regards
dave
Yeah Dave, I am blessed with some great pipes for sure! I have just over 22lbs. of tobacco as well. Of course we in the US have a similar issue with getting good UK blends and all, such as St. Brüno. I had a friend visiting Spain and he traveled around so I was able to score some good stuff! Speaking of St. Brüno, that's what I'm smoking now while I wait for some lathe time!
Nate

Post by Nate »

JFH RoI in a Brigham One-Dot dublin.
Nate

Post by Nate »

McC BSS in a Brigham 5-Dot prince
Boekweg

Post by Boekweg »

I have never smoked a pipe before believe it or not. But im about to finish up a poker i have been working on for myself. I want my first pipe smoking experience to be awesome! I want to smoke some tobacco that is going to make my taste buds feel like is was all worth the wait. sas, has already helped me out a bit with some names, but i would also like to hear what others might suggest as well.

Thanks.
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

It depends on your tastes. I really like berry flavored aromatics and mild English blends. My local (when at school) tobacconist has some good stuff in jars that I can't find anywhere else and can't find any reviews of. I should ask him where he gets it, or if he blends it himself. Maybe you guys know better than me?

He doesn't sell online yet, but I think he's trying to get there.

(click on name to get better description... don't miss page 2)
http://www.sanctuarytobacco.com/shop.php?cat=251
Devil's Holiday (have seen reviews for this, but I don't think it's the same that most people get in tins)
http://www.sanctuarytobacco.com/product ... 251&page=1
Notre Dame
http://www.sanctuarytobacco.com/product ... 251&page=2
and
Monks
http://www.sanctuarytobacco.com/product ... 251&page=2

are my favorites. Here at home all I can get is dried out cherry flake and Captain Black. :cry:
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Boekweg wrote:I have never smoked a pipe before believe it or not. But im about to finish up a poker i have been working on for myself. I want my first pipe smoking experience to be awesome! I want to smoke some tobacco that is going to make my taste buds feel like is was all worth the wait. sas, has already helped me out a bit with some names, but i would also like to hear what others might suggest as well.

Thanks.
Well, I think everyone is started on 1Q but I'm not sure that's beneficial. You could try Just For Him's Shortcut To Mushrooms, it is a nice blend between an aromatic and a latakia. I think it would have some good flavor for you, but not be too overpowering.

http://justforhim.com/catalog/index.php ... 24797888e0
Nate

Post by Nate »

McC BSS in a Caminetto Business
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

Boekweg wrote:I have never smoked a pipe before believe it or not. But im about to finish up a poker i have been working on for myself. I want my first pipe smoking experience to be awesome! I want to smoke some tobacco that is going to make my taste buds feel like is was all worth the wait. sas, has already helped me out a bit with some names, but i would also like to hear what others might suggest as well.

Thanks.
For your first smoke, I strongly recommend pure Perique. ;)

In the immortal words of Radical: Hope this helps!
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

e Markle wrote:For your first smoke, I strongly recommend pure Perique. ;)

In the immortal words of Radical: Hope this helps!
Indeed!
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

Blue Mountain, G.H&Co. Balkan Mixture. ......and Haddo's Delight. That's my diet for this week.
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
Nate

Post by Nate »

hawky454 wrote:Blue Mountain, G.H&Co. Balkan Mixture. ......and Haddo's Delight. That's my diet for this week.
That's a pretty nice diet Hawky!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Nate wrote:McC BSS in a Caminetto 'Business'
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

Yeah Nate, it keeps me lean! HAHA. You have mentioned some blends that have been on my wish list for some time now. It's payday so I may just make some of those wishes come true! Do you have an absolute favorite?

Vid
Nate

Post by Nate »

hawky454 wrote:Yeah Nate, it keeps me lean! HAHA. You have mentioned some blends that have been on my wish list for some time now. It's payday so I may just make some of those wishes come true! Do you have an absolute favorite?

Vid
I have a hard time narrowing down, any that really piqued your interest? I have been liking the McClelland's Black Sea Sokhoum as of late. Samuel Gawith's Full Virginia Flake is a nice virginia if you can get it.
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

Yeah Black Sea sounds good man! I can never find Full Virginia Flake.....one of these days, I hope. Oh I forgot to mention that I was lucky enough to add Squadron Leader to my diet as well! I wish I could make that part of my steady diet.
Nate

Post by Nate »

SG FVF in a Jeppesen Gd. 5
andrew

Post by andrew »

Frog morton on the bayou in a bent dublin....