Finally finished a few

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
NathanA
Site Supporter

Finally finished a few

Post by NathanA »

It has been quite a while since I have completed a pipe and for one reason or another I just got around to finishing half a dozen. I think all the advice of the forum members is finally paying off in my pipes but I would love to hear very honest and brutal critiques of these. I hate taking pictures so I only have one shot of each, sorry about that. The first three I sent to Kurt to sandblast and because of some strange alignment of the planets I actually put together a blasting rig while they were in Rhode Island. The last is my own blast. Not great but they are getting better (I will post some more recent ones soon). I know the bent billiard's shank is too long and a huge flaw on the straight apple that made it a keeper. Kurt was nice enough to give me a very detailed critique of the ones he blasted for me but I would appreciate any other thoughts. Thanks everyone.

Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
HumblePipe

Re: Finally finished a few

Post by HumblePipe »

I really love all of these, great job. Sorry I can't offer any criticism.
LAH

Post by LAH »

Great looking working, Nathan. On the lovat, looks like a little low spot on the bottom of the shank, could be the photo, I also think that the stem could be a little longer. On the third pipe, it looks like the stem is larger than the shank dia. that too could be the photo. But all and all very nice pipes. I'm really digging your second pipe.

Abe
Nate

Post by Nate »

I'll leave the critique to the pros, but I have to say, nice try passing of that 3rd pipe. That's gotta be a Savinelli Trevi!! :lol: Kidding. Nice work Nathan, I do like them all. I am really liking that (if I'm not too colorblind) grey 'cumberland' stem material I see guys using.
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

Nate wrote: I am really liking that (if I'm not too colorblind) grey 'cumberland' stem material I see guys using.
Thanks, Nate. That is actually a stone acrylic (polyester, I'm guessing, by the smell) that i found at bereahardwoods.com.
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
Nate

Post by Nate »

NathanA wrote:
Nate wrote: I am really liking that (if I'm not too colorblind) grey 'cumberland' stem material I see guys using.
Thanks, Nate. That is actually a stone acrylic (polyester, I'm guessing, by the smell) that i found at bereahardwoods.com.
Nice stuff! Thanks for the link! Keep up the work man, looking pretty nice!