Approaching my 50th pipe...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
W.Pastuch

Approaching my 50th pipe...

Post by W.Pastuch »

Hey guys!
After about 10 months of my pipemaking adventure I'm still learning a lot and I realize how much more I have to learn. Even when I'm almost happy with a pipe I make, I'm always aware of the many things that can be improved.
I finished my 46th pipe today and I thought I'd share some of my latest creations. Here they come :)
Nr 41

Nr 42

Nr 44

Nr 46
I think I'm gonna have to remake the mouthpiece on this one, the fit isn't quite right, and the bit is sooo thin that I think it might brake with a stronger bite.

Anyway, I'm enjoying working on pipes more and more, so hopefully they'll get better with time :)
Ocelot55

Re: Approaching my 50th pipe...

Post by Ocelot55 »

Congratulations on nearing your milestone. All of those look like fine pipes.

The only criticism I have is that, other than the bit on the third pipe, which you pointed out, the angle on the bowl of the cutty seems awfully steep (just remember, this is coming from a noob, so take it with a grain of salt).

Nr. 44 is my favorite. Keep up the great work. I will await Nr. 100 with great anticipation.
Alden

Post by Alden »

I love 41 and 46.
Strong cants on a cutty dont bother me. Really nice stuff !
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

44 and 46 take the cake for me. Very nice work. I like the cutty a lot as well, steep cant and all. :)
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
W.Pastuch

Post by W.Pastuch »

Thanks! :)
In fact the cutty is quite canted, that's why I decided not to bend the mouthpiece, otherwise one would risk getting burning tobacco on their pants ;)