Looking at a Cratsman Lathe

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Skip

Looking at a Cratsman Lathe

Post by Skip »

Hi,
I am thinking about a Craftsman Lathe that is near by and on Craigs list. They are asking 600.00 "restored". It looks good. What do you guys think about it for the price? The posting ID is 2836443909 if you want to take a look.

Thanks,
Skip
pipeguy

Re: Looking at a Cratsman Lathe

Post by pipeguy »

If you're looking for a wood lathe $600.00 is way too much. I bought an old craftsman lathe for $50.00 and went right through it ( There's not much too it) Believe me there out there putty and paint makes it what it ain't keep looking
"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Skip, What kind of Craftsman lathe is it? You don't mention that or where your at. So no way for me to look up the lathe your looking at.
Pipe Maker in the Making!
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Skip's in Birmingham, AL.

Rad
Skip

Post by Skip »

It was a nice looking metal lathe with a very professional looking table for it to sit on. Had a lot of neat features. I got ready to call him today and decided to check my e-mail. It was sold. No big problem since my 1890 lathe is still working. I thought I would modernize by moving up to a 1930-1940 model. It would have been nice to not get sprayed with oil every time I use it. One thing for sure. I do not want to buy one that I can not use my various chucks on.

Skip