Another two!

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
iLeo

Another two!

Post by iLeo »

Hello every body!
There goes another two:

This one is special. It is by far the lightest pipe I have ever had/done. I dont have a scale (I´ll get one) but believe me It´s a feather weight!

And this one, I dindn´t want to make a horn, but briar rules...

Hope you like them.
You know, critics are wellcome!

Best regards
Iñigo.
Ocelot55

Re: Another two!

Post by Ocelot55 »

Well, not much criticism, but I do want to point out a couple of very minor things.

The first pipe looks pretty good. I'm not sure what I think about the stem shape. It's grown on me a little, but I cant help thinking something else might look better (don't ask me what). It also wouldn't hurt to sand out the tobacco chamber a bit more.

The second pipe also looks pretty good. My only comment is that I would have bent the stem ever so slightly to help the flow.

Your doing some really nice work. I had to fight really hard not to offer to buy the billiard in your last post. A few more pipes and you'll have this thing down! Good job. :thumbsup:
iLeo

Post by iLeo »

Ocelot55 wrote:It also wouldn't hurt to sand out the tobacco chamber a bit more.

Ups! I forgot about it! :oops:

Regarding the stem, it gave me problems too. In fact I did two. The first one was acrillic, shorter and wider. The definite one is handmade german cumberland ebonite.
Ocelot55 wrote:The second pipe also looks pretty good. My only comment is that I would have bent the stem ever so slightly to help the flow.
The stem is slightly bent downwards, but not very clear in the photos. I´ll post another one. Did you mean that? More?, less?

Thank you VERY much for the advices.
Best regards,
Iñigo.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

iLeo wrote:The stem is slightly bent downwards, but not very clear in the photos. I´ll post another one. Did you mean that? More?, less?
I see now that the stem is ever so slightly bent. My advice would be more bend, but not too much.

Almost like the bend on this meershaum:

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/i ... t_ID=98389