Leafy Bulldog

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
AaronC

Re: Leafy Bulldog

Post by AaronC »

Growley wrote: :D I don't honestly think I have a chance of winning, but It will be cool to see what happens.
I suppose if I were going to enter you may have had something to worry about :roll:
Cheesy jokes aside.... I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you do well in the contest. Don't sell yourself short.
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

I read that Lefty Bulldog... we've been leaving out 10% the pipe population!
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Growley

Post by Growley »

AaronC wrote:
Growley wrote: :D I don't honestly think I have a chance of winning, but It will be cool to see what happens.
I suppose if I were going to enter you may have had something to worry about :roll:
Cheesy jokes aside.... I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you do well in the contest. Don't sell yourself short.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Aaron. I just know I'm going up against guys who actually SELL their pipes LOL.
Sorringowl

Post by Sorringowl »

That's a really unique shape. I like it a lot. I think Leafy Bulldog is nice too. I was trying to think of another name but I couldn't think of any better than that (bulldog sparrow? bird dog? haha). It'd be nice to see another version of this where you get to see a little more of the bottom back of the bowl, and, I think that flourish could lend itself well to other shapes as well (maybe it'd be like a trademark design feature of yours?). Anyway, that's my 1-1/2 cents. Nice work.
“When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”
― Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Sorringowl's leather pipe accessories shop: http://www.sorringowlandsons.etsy.com
Growley

Post by Growley »

Sorringowl wrote:That's a really unique shape. I like it a lot. I think Leafy Bulldog is nice too. I was trying to think of another name but I couldn't think of any better than that (bulldog sparrow? bird dog? haha). It'd be nice to see another version of this where you get to see a little more of the bottom back of the bowl, and, I think that flourish could lend itself well to other shapes as well (maybe it'd be like a trademark design feature of yours?). Anyway, that's my 1-1/2 cents. Nice work.
Could you show me maybe a drawing of what you're thinking? The design in my head isn't quite complete. I have a few things I'd still like to work out and plan on making more that will be slightly different. I'd love to see what you're thinking.

Brian.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Papoose.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
Growley

Post by Growley »

Hudson wrote:Papoose.
Yeah, I can kind of see where you're coming from there. I had to look it up to get a visual, but I can see it.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Bullskimo? Eskidog? Papooskidog?
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Growley

Post by Growley »

UberHuberMan wrote:Bullskimo? Eskidog? Papooskidog?
Bullmo, Eskidesian, Eskidog? I was thinking I should put a poll up. Out of those I think I like Eskidesian the best...

Rad came up with that one !
Nate

Post by Nate »

Wild!! Nice work Brian!
Growley

Post by Growley »

Nate wrote:Wild!! Nice work Brian!
Thanks Nate. I've decided to name it an Eskidesian.
AaronC

Post by AaronC »

I was trying to find a bird that resembled the pipe and thought this Wood Duck looked similar.
Growley

Post by Growley »

AaronC wrote:Image

I was trying to find a bird that resembled the pipe and thought this Wood Duck looked similar.
I can definitely see that. Other comments I had were that it looked like a whale..I guess if you turn it upside down it kind of does.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Eskidesian has a nice ring to it, sounds rather high-brow, which is good 'cause they're more likely to have some spare cash.

Earlier I had suggested papoose but I didn't provide any photos so just in case anyone didn't understand what I was talking about, here's a photo: http://www.firstpeople.us/photographs2/ ... poose.html

I may just squirrel away the name and use it on a pipe of my own (someday).
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
Growley

Post by Growley »

Hudson wrote:Eskidesian has a nice ring to it, sounds rather high-brow, which is good 'cause they're more likely to have some spare cash.

Earlier I had suggested papoose but I didn't provide any photos so just in case anyone didn't understand what I was talking about, here's a photo: http://www.firstpeople.us/photographs2/ ... poose.html

I may just squirrel away the name and use it on a pipe of my own (someday).
Yeah, when I saw your original post I had to google a Papoose. I had a vague idea of what they looked like...but couldn't say that I'd seen one in a long time.