My CPCC 2012 Seminar Pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Carlos

My CPCC 2012 Seminar Pipe

Post by Carlos »

I know the pics are not the best from my iPhone. But I felt I put in a good effort this year. Started out clunky and leaning. But with filing and sandpaper it improved a lot. The contrasting stain came out good. I am not really a maker yet. But I have some skills I can improve on. Thanks to so many makers for all their encouragement. Carlos

Alden

Re: My CPCC 2012 Seminar Pipe

Post by Alden »

Carlos !
Good to see you here man. I had a blast hanging out with you and Allen and Phillip in the class and the smoking tent.
Your pipe turned out well man.
Are you taking the class again next year ?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I may do so. It will be some time before I need to think about that. It's a great opportunity. I think I absorbed better this year things that I was told.
taharris

Post by taharris »

I think that pipe turned out pretty good, especially the stem/shank transition.

Good job.

Todd
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Thanks. I had intended to give this a slight bend. I am not a fan of straight pipes. But I was encouraged to not bend the stem. That it would look so much better. Well, as you can see, it's not really straight. Nor was it bent. File work and sandpaper gave it that nice, slight slant to the stem, which the more I worked, the better it looked to me.
Alden

Post by Alden »

I still have some Erinmore Flake if you want to see how the pipe smokes. Send me your address and I'll mail a couple bowls your way :lol:
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Edward wrote:I still have some Erinmore Flake if you want to see how the pipe smokes. Send me your address and I'll mail a couple bowls your way :lol:
I am quite sure that there must be a law against smoking Erinmore in central IL. Best to keep it with you in Texas. But thanks for the offer. :D
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Good looking pipe. My only criticism would be the downward slanting stem. This pipe is drilled to be straight. If you want to bend the stem on a straight pipe you should exaggerate the cant of the bowl like the Zulu to restore balance, IMO.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com